Search for content in message boards

Byrd Pate (1785-1842)

Byrd Pate (1785-1842)

Posted: 9 May 2004 5:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pate and Hankins
I need a hard copy of Census, Tax record, Marriage, anything with his name on it. I have searched all normal places, census, taxes, marriages, deaths, cemeteries in AR, TN, VA. Could someone tell me where to find an official record of him? He is listed as husband of Rebecca Hankins and in lots of Family Trees (including mine) but I can't find a real record of him. Could "Byrd" be a nickname? I only accept the existance of ONE on faith alone!

Re: Byrd Pate (1785-1842)

Jinks Pate Lee (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2004 12:52PM GMT
Mary - Byrd/Bird is not a nickname, it was passed down in
these families for some reason. Bird Pate was b. ca 1790 in Montgomery Co, VA, d. 15 Jul 1843 in Independence Co, AR. He was in Jefferson Co, TN in 1830 and 1840, in 1850 White Co, AR, his widow was listed as R Caruthers - she remarried to Samuel Caruthers on 23 Feb 1844. His marriage is recorded in Jefferson Co, TN - 17 Feb 1814, Bird Pate to Rebecca Hankins. There is a Letter of Administration dated 30 Oct 1858, recorded May 1859 in Independence Co, AR showing Bird Pate d. 15 Jul 1843 and lists his heirs. Hope this is of help.
Jinks Pate Lee

Re: Byrd Pate (1785-1842)

Posted: 3 Sep 2004 2:26PM GMT
I am related to Bird Pate also. His daughter, Mollie Mae Pate was my fathers mother, so she was my grandmother. Do you have any family history at all???? Molllie died in 1916 when my dad, Gabriel Andrew Henderson was 8 years old. His dad, William Virgel Henderson died in 1912. Mollie was killed in the tornado at Pangburn in 1916 and she had remarried to an Edens. We do not know where she was buried, always was told there were so many killed in the tornado that she was buried with several others including maybe another child. We are looking for Indian Heritage and were always told that our grandfather was full blood Cherokee Indian. As we have no family to go back to we are looking for help from the Pate side of our family. We have never had any connection with them and do not know where they live other than in maybe Batesville, Heber Springs area somewhere. Any help would be appreciated. My name is Brenda Henderson Mealer and I live in Redfield Arkansas . Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic