Search for content in message boards

Jett or Burris Family

Jett or Burris Family

Paula Cain (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2005 2:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jett, Burris
Would anyone have any family information on the decendants of Stephen Jett and Martha Parker or the Burris family that settle in Pike County.

Re: Jett or Burris Family

Claudia Wells (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2005 9:51PM GMT
In the 1883 Pike Co. History Patrick Lyon married Sarah C. Jett, who was a dau. of Stephen Jett; who was originally from Linn Co. Ky. In the marriages of Pike Co. George W. Jett m. Sarah Gibles in 1867; S. F. Jett m Susie Penny in 1873; George Jett m Louise Brown in 1910; S.F. Jett m Mrs J. M. Moore in 1911. Hope this helps you. Claudia

Posted: 14 Sep 2005 1:40AM GMT
1850 Census has Stephen in Cuivre Township just south of hte city of Bowling Green.. He is buried in Antioch Cemetery.. he was 55 born in Va. in 1850 his wife Martha 49 born in Va. in the household was Sarah 23 born in Ky Amanda 19 b.mo Thompson 15 b.mo Henry 13 b mo
Washington 10 b. mo Meredith 8 male born in mo..
Franklin 6 born in mo... Hailey 33 born in Ky... John 25 born in Ky... Samuel A. Tombs 54 born in SC... I live right across from a Jett family cemetery deep in the woods just three fields away.. I hope this helps you..

Posted: 21 Sep 2005 2:50AM GMT
ok here goes..

George Burris born 1817 in Va. married a Nancy Kincade she also was born in Va. d/o Thomas Kincade a native of Ireland. George and Nancy had a son named John born 1844 in Mason Co W.Va. he married Virginia LeMasters who died in 1876 then he married Nancy Bailey d/o JOhn and Frances Jett bailey. They had Edward T. Burris Sr. born in 1880 one of seven children born to John ... Edward married Ethel Collins They had Edward T.Jr. and Robert Eugene.. Ethel had three sons from a previous marriage also..

Edward T. Burris Jr. still lives here now.. he married Lucy W. Smith d/o Ollie Smith of Louisana.. there is more on this family if you would like it email me..

thanks

PAULA CAIN (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2005 4:25PM GMT
Good to hear from you. I am a great-grandaughter of John T. Burris. I have been researching the Jetts and the Burris'. One thing I would like to know is when did John T. Burris come to Pike county? Do you know anything about the Baileys in kentucky? Feel free to E-mail me at Soccergranny@bellsouth.net. Thanks! Paula

Paula Cain (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2005 4:33PM GMT
Surnames: Jett/Burris
I would love to hear from anyone who would know anything about the Jetts or the Burris'. I am a great-grandaughter of John T. Burris. You can e-mail me at soccergranny@bellsouth.net.

Posted: 8 Oct 2005 2:31PM GMT
John T. Burris born June 22, 1844 in Mason Co. W.Va. son of George and Nancy Kincaid Burris George born 1817 in eastern Va. Nancy d/o Thomas Kincade of native Ireland.

John married Viriginia Lemasters who died in 1876 he then married Nancy Bailey d/o John and Frances Jett Bailey.

August 3, 1863 JOhn enlisted in Co. C 13th Va Infantry. who joined the Eigth Army Corp. In May 1864 he was in the Battle of Lynchburg. he fought in Halltown and Perryville Va. he was mustered out June 22, 1865... John had seven children some time after which he came to missouri and lived in the Antioch area which is Cuivre Township and Ashley township in PIke Co. mo..John ran a custom thrashing business using steam power.

Edward T. Sr. born March 12, 1880, Married Ethel Collins April 13, 1925. They had Edward T. Jr. and Robert Eugene.. Ethel had three sons from another marriage. Arthur A. Carl E. Thurston W.

Edward T Jr. married Lucy W. Smith and had Four sons..

if this is any help to you .. please send a donation to PIke Co Genealogical Society, P.O Box 313, Bowling Green, Mo. 63334 thanks

Paula Cain (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2005 3:30PM GMT
Thanks! any info is helpful. Is there someone at the Pike County Genealogical Society that can do look ups?

Posted: 10 Oct 2005 1:20AM GMT
yes and yes and yes.. I am sec of the PCGS our website is www.pcgenweb.com and we will do look ups for a donation to the library..

let us know what you need and we will do it.

thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions