Search for content in message boards

Maine Tripps

Maine Tripps

Posted: 13 Apr 2010 12:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tripp
My Grandmother passed away in January. I am trying to trace her roots. Her name is Katheryn Rand, born in 1936. These are her brothers & sisters: June Grant, Helen McInnis, Lorraine Collins, Bobby Tripp, Linwood Tripp and George Tripp.

Does anybody know who her parents & grandparents were?

Thanks.

Gwynne

Re: Maine Tripps

Posted: 13 Apr 2010 2:07AM GMT
Are you saying that Katherine was a Tripp do you know where she was born ?? I am also from the Tripp Family .
I'll try and help you , but do you have anymore information
I am at pearl.nelson@sasktel.net

Posted: 13 Apr 2010 2:53AM GMT
I found Linwood Tripp

send me a note at pearl.nelson@sasktel.net

I will send you the information I have found so far

Pearl frpm Canada

Posted: 13 Apr 2010 3:10AM GMT
Surnames: TRIPP, RAND
Gwynne,
I was interested in your Rand name as I have Tripp, Rand and Gilpatrick in Oxford Co, ME, but in the 1850's. You did not say where in Maine your Tripp family originates. I did find an index of some marriage records that could belong to your Tripps. You can request the marriage record from the Maine State Archives. Many marriage records list the parent's names. I suggest you look at the marriage records of all Katheryn's siblings.
From the names you listed, I found some on the index that could be your family. Unless noted, there is but one record that matches the names you listed.

Katheryn Rand - certificate 757; 17 Feb 1957 marriage of Linden E Rand and Katherine P Tripp

June Grant - certificate 2032; 1 May 1960 marriage of Royce A Grant and June F Tripp

Helen McInnis - certificate 0; 25 Nov 1955 marriage of Merle R McInnis of Norway ME and Helen J Tripp of Oxford ME

Lorainne Collins - certificate 922; 1 Mar 1957 marriage of Walter E Collins and Lorraine G Tripp

Bobby Tripp - no Bobby, Robert Tripp has too many records unless you can give his wife's first name

Linwood Tripp - certificate 8201320; 27 March 1982 marriage of Linwood H Tripp of Oxford ME and Suzanne A Bressette of Oxford, ME

George Tripp - these records after 1930 - certificate 0; 13 August 1955 marriage of George M Tripp of Mumford,ME and Mary P Doherty of Mexico, ME;
certificate 0; 13 Nov 1954 marriage of George W Tripp of So Portland, ME and Norma L Drew of Patten, ME;
certificate 0; 3 May 1942 marriage of George E Tripp of S Portland, ME and Jeannette M McFarland of S Portland, ME; certificate 0; 6 Aug 1949 marriage of George O Tripp Jr of Rockland, ME and Donna A Stone of St. George, ME; certificate 8203276; 15 May 1982 marriage of George N Tripp of St. George, ME and Linda S Warren of St. George, ME.
Let us know if any of these records leads you to your family.
Regards, Jane Tripp

Posted: 13 Apr 2010 10:51AM GMT
Katheryn Rand is my grandmother. I saw her marriage record here and on Maine Geneaology. I know the family was in the Oxford Hills area and Harrison area. It was a lot easier for me to trace the Rand roots. I just can't seem to get any where with my grandmothers. She was a very quiet woman. I will look at the info that you provided. Thanks for providing more insight.

Posted: 13 Apr 2010 11:14AM GMT
Thank you for providing some direction. I did search on Linwood and I found their parents, Howard Tripp & Ruby Smith. I also foudn teh next generation, Henry Leroy Tripp & Nellie Hill. I thought I had hit a brick wall! I just needed a little advice from you.

Thanks!

Posted: 13 Apr 2010 8:01PM GMT
This is what I found
Howard Tripp abt 1910-1986 & Ruby O Smith
His father
Henry Leroy bOct 19,1879 Poland Maine m Nellie Hill
His father
Daniel Strout Tripp Jan 12,1854 Maine m Cinderilla Tripp
His father
Charles Henry Tripp abt 1829 Oland Maine m Kezia Durand
His father
Nicholas R Tripp abt 1802 Maine m Charlotte Thurlow
His Father
Othniel Tripp abt 1776 Maine m Lydia Shaw

Posted: 13 Apr 2010 8:16PM GMT
Thank you. I grew up in Maine and now live in Rhode Island. It seems I have come back to where my ancestors first lived! Your help is very much appreciated. My tree leads back to several John Tripp's.

Posted: 13 Apr 2010 10:25PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2010 7:28PM GMT
Surnames: Tripp, Miller
I am looking for info about Benjamin Tripp b ME but do not know who his parents were. He went to NY and married Jemina Miller and had sons John M Tripp and James Tripp. In 1850 they were in Kendall Co IL and had daughter Sarah Tripp. In 1860 they were in LaSalle Co IL. He died in 1862. Can you or anyone else with Tripp ME people, please get beyond this brick wall. Appreciate any help.
PWeber3402@aol.com

Posted: 15 Apr 2010 12:06PM GMT
There is another thread for Benjamin Tripp. Did you look at that one? It appears there is some info. I found when I researched one of my great uncles, that is when I broke open my family tree.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions