Search for content in message boards

DARVILL

DARVILL

Posted: 1 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jul 2002 7:25PM GMT
Surnames: DARVILL
DARVILL Susan, born Harrow 1848. How is she connected to William DARVILL, born Croydon(?) 1856 -1862? Any help appreciated.

Darvill

Madoc Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Mar 2009 5:30AM GMT
Surnames: Darvill, Cartwright,
Just wondering how your search for Susan and William darvill is going? I am searching for George Darvill Married Phyllis Ina Cartwright also his brother Edward Darvill. Is this a common name in the London area?

yours Madoc

DARVILL

Posted: 22 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2002 7:25PM GMT
Surnames: Darvill
Hello Madoc, Have not made the crucial link between Susan and William yet but, with additional information from other Darvill researchers, I am getting closer! Darvill is not a particularly common name so the chances of coming upon links is quite high. Do you have dates and/or locations for yours? Maybe we can forge a link! Regards Lucille

george darvill

Madoc Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: darvill
hello Lucille,
thank you for your response. The Darvill I am interested in is George Darvill a carpenter. He married Phyllis Ina Cartwright. I think they lived in Battersea George died in 1946 in Wandsworth. He had a brother Edward who married Emma Matilda Box in Sept 1925. I am trying to find anyone who might have known Phyllis Ina Cartwright and am therefore interested in any Surviving Darvill relatives. Hope this is of use please let me know of any possible leads you mught have, yours Madoc

Re: DARVILL

Posted: 11 Jul 2001 8:57PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: darvill
Hi I am Clive Philip Darvill from Chelmsford Essex 14/01/69 my father is Geoffery Darvill 10/10/43 originally from the North London area, and son of James Fredrick Darvill 1903-1983ish who was married to Charlotte Aida Theresa Mitchell died 1954. James father was Charles Darvill who lived in great Sutton Street London.

James had two brothers Charles and Alf who both lived in the London area.

Geoffery has two brothers Fredrick (decesed) from Barnsley and Ron who lives in Banbury. Fred has three sons John Alan and Peter. Ron a son Leslie and a daughter Diane.

Geoffery as well as having me has a daughter Sarah Speller and a son Timothy Darvill.

I am married to Alex and have a daughter Hannah Darvill.

I hope that this information may help another darvill trace family members. If we are related send me an E-Mail Darvill@tinyworld.co.uk

Re: Darvill family

Milt Keizer (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2003 4:03AM GMT
Surnames: Darvill, Darville
I am seeking Darvill information earlier than October 31, 1846 marriage of George Darvill and Ann Carter, both of Parish of Penn, Bucks, OR birth registration January 9, 1791 by George Darvill and wife Elizabeth of their son George Darvill (who married Hannah Hancock). Is this Darvill family familiar?

Jennifer Bruce (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2003 10:21PM GMT
Hi, just wondering if you had ever come across an Elizabeth Darvill who would appear to have been born around 1844. She consistently said she was born in Birkenhead, Cheshire. From her marriage certificate she said her parents were Thomas Darvill and Maryann Arden. Thanks in anticipation.
Jennifer (in Australia)

Re: george darvill

Posted: 12 Dec 2005 9:15PM GMT
hello ive been doin sum research for a friend of mine her family is part of the darvill family also they was carpenters also mabel darvill her father was {edward} married richard evans in 1909 he was a chimney sweeper . they moved frm hertfordshire to wandsworth can u please let no if they are connected thank u .
Posted: 29 Mar 2009 8:56PM GMT
Surnames: Darvill
Hello Clive(Your Darvill@tinyworld.co.uk bounced!),

While digging up my own family history I came across your post.

My paternal grandmother, Emily Lillian May Darvill (b. 1907, registered in Rochford) was daughter to a Charles Darvill, possibly born 1856.

They were in East London/Essex area, at least when my grandmother got married! :-)

I don't have any family mention of a James Fredrick, though;
She supposedly had several siblings: Walter?, May?, Eli?, Alice?. James?

Any connection?
If we share the same great grandfather, Charles Darvill, then our fathers would have been cousins! :-)

Posted: 29 May 2013 4:53PM GMT
Hi I was interested in your reply to a Clive Darvill. The Emily Lilian May Darvill that you mention as your paternal grandmother was my aunt. She was the eldest of three sisters, She also had two younger brothers. The younger of the latter was my father. There was also two half brothers.It is my understanding that Emily Lilian and one of her sisters Alice E Darvill both married brothers with the surname of Potter. As this is an old posting that I am replying to I will not add any more information at this stage. Dianne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions