Search for content in message boards

Charles & Jeanie Roberts Ingalls family

Charles & Jeanie Roberts Ingalls family

Paul Reese (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jun 2009 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: Ingalls, Roberts, Stahl, Barnett
Looking for information about Katherine Stahl Ingalls & husband Charles Ingalls. Dates uncertain but Katherine's grandmother Elizabeth Reese Stahl born 1813 in PA.
"made his home in Omaha" [Douglas Co.]
Children:
Justus
Margery(?)
Robert m Katherine Barnett son Bob
Charles

William B. Ingalls (m.) Katherine Stahl of Niagara Falls & Lockport NY

Posted: 15 Jun 2009 5:08AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2009 7:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ingalls, Stahl
Need info on ancestors and descendants of William B.
Ingalls and Katherine Stahl. About 1858 William B. Ingalls lived in Niagara Falls,N.Y. Katherine Stahl was from Lockport, N.Y.

Re: William B. Ingalls (m.) Katherine Stahl of Niagara Falls & Lockport NY

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 3:52AM GMT
Surnames: Stahl, Ingalls
Here is a portion of an email sent to me by Charles Stahl Ingalls III:

I am Charles Stahl Ingalls, III. My father was Charles Jr., son of Charles and Jane Anne Roberts Ingalls. Charles (my grandfather) was the son of Katherine Stahl Ingalls and Wm. B. Ingalls. I draw your attention to that (Wm. B. Ingalls), as Katherine did was not married to a Charles Ingalls. I have a letter, written by Wm. B. Ingalls, (my great-grandfather) dated, as is the envelope, July 27, 1858 and post marked, Niagara Falls , N.Y. I will forward the contents of that letter, if you are interested. The letter, addressed to Wm. Stahl Esq., asks for the hand of Wm. Stahl’s “amiable daughter Katherine”, in “the holy bonds of matrimony”. This is without doubt one of the most beautiful letters I have ever seen, and I am honored to have it. Moving on, my assumption is that they (Wm. B. Ingalls – not Charles, and Katherine) were married in either Lockport or Niagara Falls , N. Y. shortly after the letter was written and they had several children, one of which they named Charles Stahl Ingalls. That Charles, then, was my grandfather.

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 1:10PM GMT
At Oakwood Cemetery in NIagara Falls, NY we have a Charles Ingalls who died in 1895 at age 58. Would he be one of these Charles?

Pete Ames

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 9:48PM GMT
Surnames: Ingalls
Yes, the Charles Ingalls who died in 1895 at age 58 was one of the people in this family. I can send a "book" on the descendants of Justus Ingalls who lived in that area and his descendants. Always looking for more info on Ingalls descendants, especially as a gedcom file.

Justus/Justin/Augustus Ingalls of Niagara Twp, Niagara, New York

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 9:57PM GMT
Surnames: Ingalls
Need ancestors of Justus Ingalls born about 1805 who lived in the Niagara Falls & Lockport NY area. I can send a "book" on the descendants of Justus Ingalls who lived in that area and his descendants. Always looking for more info on Ingalls descendants, especially as a gedcom file.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic