Search for content in message boards

morrill family

morrill family

Posted: 11 Jun 2011 6:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: morrill
looking for Elizabeth (Betsey) Morrill's parents name. She was born around 1787 and died in 1868 Canada.

Re: morrill family

Posted: 12 Jun 2011 9:40AM GMT
Surnames: MORRILL
Hello,

I'd like to ask if you have checked the 1790 census for NH for the MORRILL name.

I'd also like to ask if you know when and why Betsey moved to Canada. Did you marry and move there or did her parents move there?

Also, several years ago I started up a CAN-USA-Migration List, and a year or so ago I started up a Board to go along with it.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

Posted: 12 Jun 2011 10:22AM GMT
Surnames: MORRILL, MORRIL
Hi again,

I checked census pages. In 1790 NH, there were 32 MORRILL households, and 31 of them were in Rockingham County. By 1800, there were ~70 households in NH. This time there were 40 households in Rockingham County, and 20 households in Hillsborough County, and a few in 3 other counties. (A few more with MORRIL spelling.)

In 1810 the numbers and places were about the same. And no MORRILL households in Merrimack County. By 1820, there were ~90 households in NH, still none in Merrimack County.

By 1860 there were 260 MORRILL people in NH, in about 10 different counties. With 90 of them in Merrimack County.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 5:48PM GMT
Betsey Morril married John Smith both from New hampshire. They had 2 sons that I know of John E Smith born 1818 Canada and Moses S Smith born 1824 Canada. John and his wife are buried in Shipton Quebec.The boys married sisters Betsey & Ruth Allison/Ellison. John died in 1844 and Betsey in 1868.They may have been a sister Sarah Smith but I haven't proved she is a sister. jcstokes

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 6:14PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2013 6:26PM GMT
My grandmother was a Morrill from Franklin, NH Merrimack county. She had several sisters and brothers and they did own and still own homes in Ward one, West Franklin on and around Lawndale Ave. We have an entire printed history of the Morrill Family. Grandmother was Dorothy Morrill and She married a Cilley. They had 10 children. She is buried in the Franklin Cemetery and died at the age of 94. I'll look up my history i have and see if I can help you trace any of my family back to your family.

I have this information in my records: Sept. 1632 starting with Abraham Morrill arriving on a ship with his brother Issac. The ship was called the Lion. He appears he settled in Cambridge, Ma. First mention of anyone in a NH town was Ware, Nh in 1766. Jabez Morrill born 2-15-1744 or 45 died 8-26-1800 married Hannah Clough of poplin. born 1741 died 9-13-1807. I have records up to 1953.

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 9:17PM GMT
Surnames: Young/Morrill
Wondering if you have a Joshua Young married to a Morrill. Joshua born around 1730's in New Hampshire. The Morrill name is used in 4 generations of Young's.
Noah Morrill Young, Morrill Noah Young, Albert Morrill Logan Young & Edward Morrill Young. Seems like I should have some connection to the Morrill family.

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 10:16PM GMT
I looked at my written family history from 1632 to 1953. specifically late 1700's to early 1800's with not a Young in the entire bunch of the Morrills. I'm sorry I couldn't help.

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 10:46PM GMT
Thanks for taking the time to look for me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions