Search for content in message boards

Looking for parents of Signe Hansen Kjellevold

Looking for parents of Signe Hansen Kjellevold

Posted: 10 Apr 1999 8:59PM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2002 1:04PM GMT
Signe was born Jan. 2, 1878 in Bergen, Norway. She died on 13 Jan. 1969 at Bozeman, Montana. Her father was Hans Nordgulen Mese Kjellevold born at Nordgulen, Norway in 1841 and died Jan. 1, 1925 near Nordgulen. Her mother was Ragnhild Monsdatter Henricsbo born 1854 and died Jan. 23, 1925

Kjellevold/Henriksbø

Posted: 11 Mar 2000 8:32PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2002 12:44PM GMT
Hi!
I just looked through old messages, and thought I would search for your names in the 1865 census for Norway. I found Ragnhild or Ragnhilde Monsdatter, 12 years old at Henriksbø farm in Eivindvik parish, Sogn og Fjordane. Her father is Mons Hanssen, 44 years old, and her mother is Dorthea Siren Schelderup Ottersdatter, 35 years old.
They have four other children as well. Olai (16), Hans (4), Barbara Petrine (15) and Brithe (9).
It seems like there are a lot of houses on the farm, and that Mons has several brothers living in the other houses. Dortheas mother seems to be living here as well. Her name is Pitrine Dorthea Schelderup Johannesen, 65 years old.

There are no Hans with the right age living at Kjellevold farm in 1865, but there are eight boys named Hans aged between 22-26 years old living in Eivindvik parish at the time. One of them is living in Nordgulen school district witch is within Eivindvik as well. I would guess that one of theese boys is the right one, and that he is eather born at Kjellevold, or that he and his family moved there after he got married. Theese young men all have their lastnames after their fathers firstnames. I would guess that your Hans changed that into using the name of the farm and the place he came from as familyname instead.
I hope this was new to you. I can check it out some more later.

Kjellevål farm 1900

Posted: 11 Mar 2000 9:00PM GMT
I found Signes parents and siblings at Kjellevål farm in 1900.
Her father goes by the name Hans Andersen born 1841, and mother of course as before Ragnhild Monsdatter. Their children are Rasmus Olai b. 1875, temperarily working in Mundheim, Hardanger. Dorthea Helene b. 1885, works at a farm. Gjertine Andrin, b.1887, Andreas, b.1890 and Harald, b.30.7.1900. Signe is listed as well, but only with the firstname Sygni, and she has been overlined from the record, probably because she had allready left for America.??
Since I now know her fathers lastname was Andersen, I will check were he lived in 1865.

Hans Andersen Nordgulen/Kjellevål

Posted: 11 Mar 2000 9:34PM GMT
I believe to have figured out where Hans lived in 1865, and his parents as well.
A Hans Anderssen, 26 y.old is working at the farm Næse in Nordgulfjorden and Rutledal schooldistrict in 1865. In the same district, at the farm Nordgulen, Anders Hanssen, 60 y.old and Synneve Pedersdatter also 60 is living. They are both born in Lindås parish, Hordaland. You can be pretty sertain that Anders Hanssen and Synneve Pedersdatter are the parents of Hans Anderssen who is Signes father, since they are from Nordgulen farm. It is a little more unsertain weather the Hans Anderssen who works at Næse farm is the same Hans Anderssen, but he is the onlyone that fits the description in that area. Of course, he could be living in a neigbour county, I will be sure I check that out too.

Re: Looking for parents of Signe Hansen Kjellevold

Posted: 3 May 2002 7:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am just putting my name out for my relatives in Norway. My Grandfather John came over to the USA in appx. 1918. He passed away in 1972. When he came over he changed his last name to Chellevold. My wife and I, along with my parents live in Joplin, Missouri, and there are Chellevold's in Tennessee, Wisconsin and other states in the USA. Take care to all.

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 8:41PM GMT
Seems that we are coming from the same family ! My granddad - Andreas Kjellevold - have 2 brothers - Ole & John - they settled in USA - in Wisconsin - got a lot of children/grandchildren.....

I am living in Porsgrunn - Telemark - Norway.

kind regards thrond.kjellevold@t-fk.no

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 3:11AM GMT
The person who made the first posting in 2000 and 2002 was looking for this family's origins in Norway, and Signe died in Montana.

Father: Matias Andreas Pederson Landoe
Birth/Chris: ... 1870 at ...
Death/Burial: ... 1948 at ...

Mother: Signe Hanssen KJELLEVOLD
Birth/Chris: ... 1878 at ...
Death/Burial: ... 1969 at ...

Married: ... at ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Children:
1. Landoe, Amanda - Birth/Chris: ... 1901 at ...
2. Landoe, Sverre Peter - Birth/Chris: ... 1903 at ...
3. Landoe, Hjalmar - Birth/Chris: ... 1907 at ...
4. Landoe, Leonard Arnold - Birth/Chris: ... 1911 at ...
5. Landoe, Theodore Bertrand - Birth/Chris: ... 1917 at ...

Here is Signe Kjellevold Landoe's grave in Montana.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=71...

1920 census for Signe Kjellevold Landoe, in Montana:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M83G-GHK
name: Signe Landoe
residence: , Gallatin, Montana
estimated birth year: 1879
birthplace: Norway
relationship to head of household: Wife
race: White
marital status: Married
father's birthplace:
mother's birthplace:
film number: 1820970
digital folder number: 4313238
image number: 00931
sheet number: 3
Household Gender Age Birthplace
self Matt Landoe M 49y Norway
wife Signe Landoe F 41y Norway
dau Amanda Landoe F 17y Norway
son Sverge Landoe M 16y Norway (Sverre)
son Hyalmar Landoe M 12y Montana
son Leonard Landoe M 8y Montana
son Theodor Landoe M 2y2m Montana

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions