Search for content in message boards

Nathaniel Cannon 1760s - birth location???

Nathaniel Cannon 1760s - birth location???

Posted: 15 Apr 2001 12:21PM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2005 8:25PM GMT
I have two different sources giving two different birth places for Nathaniel Cannon. Can someone give VERIFICATION and SOURCE for the birth location/date.
1. abt 1760 in Pitt County, NC
2. abt 1765 in Laurens County, SC
This Nathaniel Cannon married Frances Sumner. Thanks for your assistance.
Judy
Posted: 18 May 2001 5:46PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 6:02PM GMT
Hi Judy,You may find something , try going to Ancestry. com -Scots-Irish Good Luck!

Re: Nathaniel Cannon 1760s - birth location???

Elizabeth Cannon (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2001 3:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Judy

The Nathaniel Cannon who married Frances Sumner was born in 1756. His father died in 1757. His father, Dennis, was the son of Edward Cannon and Sarah Dawley.

Posted: 12 Jul 2002 5:11AM GMT
Judy,

Info I've pulled out of Ancestry.com that was posted by Howard Horner <hhorner@email.com> states that Nathaniel was born 1765 in Equity, Orangeburgh Co., SC. His info also states that Nathaniel's parents were Robert CANNON
and UNKNOWN ELINOR. Try emailing him to get his verification info.

Jean Cannon Kinney [gagrits@hotmail.com]

Zadie Perrin (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2002 11:17PM GMT
Nathaniel & Frances are my (3)great grandparents. I am not sure of birth location but my info says he came from SC to Ga. Don't know what you have on them so will state they are buried in Wilkinson Co. Ga. Have picture of graves and also copy of will. I have been trying to locate birth place and also name of parents, do you have that? I am decended from their son Wiley and his decendents. How are you related? Hope you will respond to this and maybe we can compare information. Zadie

Posted: 9 Oct 2002 8:31PM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2005 8:25PM GMT
Zadie,
I would like to share info with you. I am connected to the CANNON line by marriage, but want to do this line for my children's reference. I'm related through the following line:
Willie Jane Cannon - 1900
John Madison Cannon - 1872
John Gilliard Cannon - 1821
Miles Cannon - 1797
Nathaniel Cannon, Sr. - 1760

My CANNON information is the one-line that I'm VERY uncertain of my data. Perhaps you can assist me in getting any errors corrected. Please contact me at this email address. Thanks for your willingness to share.
Judy White
whitejab@yahoo.com

glenda (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2003 4:37AM GMT
Surnames: Cannon
I also am a decendent of Nathaniel's son Wiley. My great grandfather was David and my grandfather was Arthur David. I have some info on them but I cannot get any further than Nathaniel. I have found that Nathaniel was a Revolutionary Sholder and is listed in the DAR books.

Judy White (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2003 6:42PM GMT
Do you know where Nathaniel Cannon was born?
Judy

Cheryl cook Singleton (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2003 3:57PM GMT
Nathaniel Cannon and Frances sumner are my gggg-grandparents. I am descended from their daughter KEZIAH CANNON (1799-1863) who married a JESSE HARRIS ca 1823 in Wilkinson County, Georgia.
KEZIAH and JESSE CANNON had 6 children -- one of whom was my ggg-grandmother, KEZZIAH HARRIS, born July 13, 1835 in Oglethorpe Co., GA. She married on September 27, 1849 an UPSON ALEXANDER WRIGHT - my ggg-grandfather.
I have a picture of KEZZIAH HARRIS WRIGHT and would love to exchange pictures and information with other family members.
Also looking to confirm with documentation the marriage of JESSE HARRIS and KEZIAH CANNON in Wilkinson Co., GA ca 1823.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheryl Cook Singleton
San Diego, California

Daphne Cannon Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2006 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: Nathaniel Cannon/ Frances Sumner
Elizabeth Cannon,
I would love to know how you got your information. I've been searching for years and never could find this.I would love to talk to you!!! Nathaniel is my GGGGrandfather. I have pictures of his gravesite and the church that he donated the land for and also Big Sandy. My family is from Bleckley County, which is right beside Wilkinson, where he resided! I still live here in Georgia. Thanks for the information and please get in touch with me!
Daphne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic