Search for content in message boards

Richardson Family

Richardson Family

Posted: 26 Feb 2012 1:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have noticed a number of posts here about the Richardson Family. I too have a Richardson connection that came out of Rowan County. I descend from a John Richardson (born 1813--died 1896 in Gibson County, Indiana). He arrived in Indiana about 1831 and had two brothers that all settled in the same area of Gibson County. The other brothers were William and George. William was born about 1808 and George about 1821. In the 1880s, John traveled back to Rowan County with a son to visit. This was his first trip back since he left. Also in the party in 1831 was a widow Jones and a widow O'Neal and her family.

Anyone help on this line (or the O'Neal Line) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phillip Clem

Re: Richardson Family

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 8:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Phillip
My 3rd. great grandfather was John R. Richardson,(Sr.) who married Mary Jane Beck, in Rowan, Co. N.C. bondsman Jacob Beck, her father. May 7, 1803.

Jacob Beck, along with others in his family moved to Pike, Co. Ind.

My John R. and Mary Jane Beck-Richardson, Sr. moved down to Montgomery, Co. N.C. in the 1820's.

The Lady you wrote to has the wrong John R. Richardson, Sr.

Now, you said your Richardson's were from Rowan, Co. N.C. My John, Sr. was born in N.C., but I don't know what County in N.C.

John R. (Sr.) also had children by the same names you have for your Richardson's. John R.,Sr. had a son John R. (Jr.) moved to Madison, Co. Tn. his son George W. (Sr.) moved to Hardeman, Co. Tn. (West Tn.)

Would love to hear about your Richardson's from Rowan, Co. N.C. Their was a John Richardson,( Jr. or III?) who moved to Rowan, Co. N.C. before 1800. I was told they were from Grayson, Co. Va. This John had a sister who married a Beck, but not my same Beck's in my family, that I know of.

David Richardson, Jr.
thomasdjr@bellsouth.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions