Search for content in message boards

Clicking on hints goes to "Check back soon" since last night

Clicking on hints goes to "Check back soon" since last night

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 12:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Are others having this problem? Had it last night for a while, then it started working. Now this morning it is not working again.

Re: Clicking on hints goes to "Check back soon" since last night

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 12:40AM GMT
Still getting check back soon. Now it's happening on click to add new content, but when I go to the page, it is added.

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 7:27AM GMT
Try a forced refresh of your browser page (and clear out your browser cache) when you the check back soon message. It could be caused by a cached Webpage --- especially if you are using a browser such as the AOL browser notorious for caching old pages.

Joan

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 3:02PM GMT
Thanks. I have cleared out my browsing history and cache twice and closed and restarted my browser, which is Firefox and it is still doing it.

I went and tried over in Explorer and it's working fine. Drat, because I hate IE.

Maybe I need to clear it again and do a clean boot of my computer.

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 4:05PM GMT
Did you do a FORCED refresh? In some browsers this is holding down control and in others alt while clicking the REFRESH link. Sometimes that works to clear a cached page.

Joan

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 5:25AM GMT
I've never heard of this - but I tried with both alt and ctrl and neither worked - I'm in Firefox. Now it's happening on clicking a link from hints leaf at the top. Don't know why I cannot get rid of it. Never had this problem before. And, sometimes it goes away - then comes back later on the same action. Very weird.

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 6:24AM GMT
switch to Chrome.

Posted: 2 Mar 2013 6:30AM GMT
It does the same thing in Chrome. I am really sick of this, clearly something changed a few months ago and this has become a chronic problem. I can fix it by rebooting but it only lasts for about 10 searches then the same thing happens again. Nothing changed on my end, and I have used Ancestry for years, on all browsers and never had this problem

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 3:56PM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2013 3:57PM GMT
Well, it went away for a while and is now back in Firefox again! Yes, I'm sick of it too.

So tired of Ancestry rolling out new things when they don't fix old problems - such as the mess they made of story spacing. I called months ago and they said they were aware of the problem they had created. Have you noticed spacing on stories previously posted? Stories that had correct paragraph breaks - they are gone now - at least in Firefox. And, used to be you could copy and paste a story with correct spacing from another source and that same spacing maintained in the Ancestry version - now you have to enter extra line breaks to get space between paragraphs. Grrrr.

I'm having to use the dreaded IE and it's a pain because IE remembers nothing - I have auto-complete turned on for forms, but it does not work. It never remembers the last directory I was in or the display settings for that directory. It seems IE just gets worse with each new release, but that's another subject.

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 9:21PM GMT
Warning: same thing is happening in Chrome.
It was especially frustrating for me. I found out just a few nights back some major genealogy information about my past, and I started my ancestry.com account. Friday I had a rare weekday off from work that I wasn't expecting, and couldn't take advantage of it. Does this happen often? Is there another browser that works at this point aside from IE? Chrome and apparently Firefox are duds now. help!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions