Search for content in message boards

anonymous Connection Service

anonymous Connection Service

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 9:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reck
Once you've sent a message via the anonymous Connection Service how do you know if you have rec'd a reply? Normally I get an email saying a posting has had a reply but that doesn't seem to happen via the anonymous Connection Service. Where do I go to check if a reply has been sent and do I just keep checking to see if the contact person has responded?

Thanks.

Re: anonymous Connection Service

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 11:12PM GMT
At the top of every Ancestry page to the left of your username, look for the envelope icon. It will have a red number on it when you have new messages from the Connection Service (in addition to a notification to your email address of record).

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 2:21AM GMT
Thank you for the answer to the Connection Service alert.

I guess I read the guidelines to far in the past and just assumed it would work the same way as email alerts.

Think I would prefer the email alerts but, in any case, I will keep a look out for envelope icon in the future!

Cheers.

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 2:42AM GMT
To clarify my previous ambiguious response - you should be receiving email notification of new messages - if not, check that your email address on file with Ancestry is correct, and that your ISP or email program are not blocking Ancestry emails as spam.

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 6:23PM GMT
Edited: 7 Feb 2013 6:33PM GMT
There are many times where - for whatever reason - the email notification does not go through. I went on Ancestry yesterday and had 2 messages waiting that I have not received an email for.
If you have not received an acknowledgement of your message in a week or so, you can resend. After 3 times, give up. Or, wait awhile and try again in the future. Some people never do answer, in my experience.

Barbara

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 9:26PM GMT
To Ludlowbaylive:

I've always gotten email when someone has responded to something I've posted to a message board. It's just the Anonymous Connection Service that doesn't send an email. As I mentioned I would prefer the email alert for the ACService instead of the envelope but the envelope is better instead of nothing.

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 1:52AM GMT
"It's just the Anonymous Connection Service that doesn't send an email."

I can concur - I had a new message yesterday that was never accompanied by an email notification.

Does Ancestry care? Probably not.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic