Search for content in message boards

Prinz Family in Douglas County

Prinz Family in Douglas County

Claire Sutton (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PRINZ, MOHR, STAHL, KRANBECK, BARTELS, BOTTCHER, SCHRUM, FLECK, WHITTEGAR, ELSMAN, OTTE

I am looking for descendants of August Frederick Nicolaus PRINZ, married to Henrietta STAHL; Anna Elise Catherine PRINZ, married to Henry MOHR; and Wilhelmina Marie Julia PRINZ, married to John Kranbeck. August, Anna and Wilhelmina were brother and sisters, from who settled in Douglas County, Nebraska, near Omaha, perhaps Millard, about 1870. Some of their descendant names were BARTELS, BOTTCHER, SCHRUM, FLECK, WHITTEGAR, ELSMAN and OTTE.

A family story mentions a "Mohr Cemetery, Millard, Nebraska, the Prinz family cemetery." August, Anna and Wilhelmina were from Flensburg, Schlesvig Holstein, Germany. August' first marriage was to Katherine Langfelt in 1869. Their first child was named Julia. Katherine died at the birth of their second child.

I would appreciate information on any of the above. Thank you.

Henry Mohr

Kathy Mohr (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mohr
I am also looking for a Henry Mohr who would have been the father to Herman Robert Mohr 6/9/1878 born in Osmond, Pierce, NE. The counties he lived in are close to Douglas so I thought I'd write, maybe there is a connection.
Posted: 21 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2003 3:09PM GMT
Surnames: OTTE
Marcus OTTE b. 1888 m. Loretta I. PRINZ.
Have very sketchy information on the PRINZ side, but willing
to share what I have.
Could the cemetery have possibly been Voss-Mohr?

Boettcher Family

Pete Boettcher (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BOETTCHER, PRINZ, WYATT, DOWNER
Agatha Prinz was married to Henry Boettcher, my great grandfather. Both Agatha and Henry died in Douglas County. My grandfather, Arnold August BOETTCHER was born in Sarpy County in 1901 and married Helen Marie WYATT, daughter of John Nathaniel WYATT and Stella Marie DOWNER.

I am interested in any traces preceding those I've mentioned above, particularly the immigration of Henry Boettcher.

Mohr cemetary

Posted: 5 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2003 7:59PM GMT
I will be visiting Omaha soon and would take time to check the cemetary for grave sites. It is just two blocks from my son's home, and is located on "Q" street at about 138th. It is Millard. I just happen to read your query while searching Douglas Co.

Re: Prinz Family in Douglas County

Posted: 5 Oct 2012 3:01PM GMT
Dear Claire,

We are the Prinz family in Germany. August Friedrich Prinz was a counsin of my father-in-law's grandfather. If this email is still active after 14 years and you want to exchange/share information, let me know. My email is jadeurope@hotmail.com

Best wishes,

Juan

Re: Prinz Family in Douglas County

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 4:52AM GMT
Surnames: Prinz
Dear Juan,
August Prinz was my great-grandfather. I am very interested in sharing information with you. Would love to get any information you have on the German side. Looking forward to hearing from you! My email is jheuermann@yahoo.com.
Best regards,
John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic