Search for content in message boards

Ane Fine Pedersen born 1864 Grenna

Ane Fine Pedersen born 1864 Grenna

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 8:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for relatives in Denmark for my greatgrandmother. Arrived in USA 1890. Two brothers also came to USA Jens and Marinus. Married Niels Jensen from Arhus. Visited Denmark in 1920

j

Re: Ane Fine Pedersen born 1864 Grenna

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 4:33PM GMT
Hi Martin,

Here is your family in the 1880 census

All persons in the household

Randers, Djurs Nørre, Glesborg, Stenvad Mark, , Hus, 71, FT-1880
Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Peder Pedersen 41 Gift Huusfader ?? Fjellerup Sogn
Berte Katrine Nielsen 42 Gift hans Hustru Stenvad Glæsborg Sogn
Sören Madsen Pedersen 16 Ugift deres Børn Bønnerup Hemmed Sogn
Ane Petrine Pedersen 14 Ugift deres Børn *do [Bønnerup Hemmed Sogn]
Ane Sine Pedersen 12 Ugift deres Børn *do [Bønnerup Hemmed Sogn]
Jens Peder Pedersen 10 Ugift deres Børn Her i Sognet [Glesborg]
Niels Martinus Pedersen 9 Ugift deres Børn Her i Sognet [Glesborg]
Anders Johan Pedersen 6 Ugift deres Børn Her i Sognet [Glesborg]
Peder Pedersen 5 Ugift deres Børn Her i Sognet [Glesborg]
Anton Marius Pedersen 4 Ugift deres Børn Her i Sognet [Glesborg]
Dusinus Pedersen 1 Ugift deres Børn Her i Sognet [Glesborg]

Peder Pedersen and Birthe Cathrine Nielsen were married on 20 Sep 1863 in Fjellerup, Djurs Nørre, Randers, opslag 210 nr 4.

Ane Fine Pedersen was born 6 Mar 1867 in Glæsborg, Djurs Nørre, Randers, parents Peder Pedersen and Birthe Cathrine Nielsen, opslag 232 nr 2.

If you need any other help, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Paul
North Carolina

Posted: 23 Apr 2013 5:42PM GMT
Thanks so much! Where can I find more information on the family--like living relations in Denmark?I also need information on my great grand father Niels Jensen born Oct 9, 1865 one brother Anders born Nov 18, who came to America with his wife Minnie born 1870.

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 5:07PM GMT
Hi Martin,

Finding living Danish relatives is the hardest part of genealogy, but I think I lucked out in finding one of your living Danish relatives. I looked for marriages of brothers and sisters of Ane Fine and found the following.

Rasmus Jensen married Ane Petrine Pedersen on 16 Dec 1887, opslag 146 nr 4, Glæsborg, Randers. These are their children I have found

Peder Johan Jensen born 9 April 1893, Glæsborg opslag 13 nr 11.

Birthe Fine Jensen born 6 May 1899, Fjellerup opslag 116 nr 5.

Jenny Jensen born 17 Jan 1903, Fjellerup, opslag 126 nr 1.

Villiam Gerhard Brasen Drøhse married Birtha Fine Jensen on 31 Dec 1920 in Glæsborg, opslag 218 nr 13.

Children of Villiam Gerhard and Birthe Fine

Grete Drøhse born 25 Feb 1922 in Rudkøbing, Langeland Nørre, Svendborg, opslag 231 nr 10.

Gustav Drøhse born 14 Dec 1923 in Rudkøbing, opslag 118 nr 49.

According to a website that I found, Gustav Drøhse married Ester Skjødt on 2 Oct 1949 and they had two daughters Mette Drøhse, born 9 Mar 1955 and Anne Drøhse, born 21 Sep 1957. There is an Anne Drøhse on Facebook and you might want to contact her to see if she is your relative. Also google Vilhelm Gerhard Brasen Drøhse. The sites I found have pictures of your relatives.

Sincerely,
Paul

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 5:09PM GMT
Hi Martin,

I also found the marriage of Søren Madsen Pedersen and Ane Christine Brodgaard in Fjellerup on 16 Sep 1882, opslag 162 nr 4. I could not find any children of theirs.

Paul

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 6:51PM GMT
I tried google for Drohse but found nothing. Can you give me the site name. Thanks again Martin

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 7:39PM GMT
Hi Martin,

You have to google Drøhse and not Drohse. Remember that Danish has eight vowels, a, e, i, o, u, æ, ø, and å.

Here is one site http://www.brasendroehse.dk/droeslgt/gustav%20droehse,%20192...

and another http://www.brasendroehse.dk/webtrees/family.php?famid=F12&am...

Let me know how it works out. To find Anne Drøhse I looked at over 400 pages of documents.

Sincerely,
Paul

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 2:00AM GMT
Thanks for the information on the family. My computer does not have the three extra vowels on its keyboard. Martin

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 2:14AM GMT
Hi Martin,

Neither does mine, but I have set it up so I can choose English, Danish, Swedish, or German. Just click on Control Pane, then choose Clock, Region, and Language. Then click on change keyboard. Then click on add and then choose Danish. On your keyboard ; will be æ, ' will be ø, and [ will be å.

Then you just choose the language you want, English or Danish.

Sincerely,
Paul

Posted: 9 Sep 2013 11:12PM GMT
Just to let you know I have been in touch with Anne Drohse. She is my cousin and has sent me a family history going back to 1700, She knows very little about the rest of the Pedersen family since 1880. I am still looking and learning. Thanks so much for your help. Martin L. Jensen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic