Search for content in message boards

Bodkin Family, Co. Galway Ireland.

Bodkin Family, Co. Galway Ireland.

Margaret Moon (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2002 11:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
My connection to the Bodkin family comes through a marriage between Mary Ann Bodkin born about 1817 at Menlough, Co. Galway and James Moon born 1822 at Ashford Hill, Hampshire, England. Mary was the daughter of Thomas Bodkin a carpenter and Elizabeth (maiden name is unknown). It was recorded on the shipping papers when they arrived in Australia in 1853 that only her mother was still living at Menlough, her father had passed away by that time. I have no other information on this family (bits and pieces of other Bodkin families in Galway but they don't seem to tie in with mine).
I would love to hear from anyone who is connected with or who may have information on this family.
Kind Regards,

Re: Bodkin Family, Co. Galway Ireland.

Steve Bodkin (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2002 6:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Mary, My great great great Grandfather was Walter Bodkin and lived on OMEY Island in Clifden Parish Galway. His wife was Mary Coneys. Born about 1805. His son Samuel born about 1832 moved to USA and settled in Newport Kentucky.
I know that the family was prominent in Tuam / Galway and the Clifden area. Good luck please contact me with info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions