Search for content in message boards

Lucretia Chitty Sweet of Carbondale, Jackson Co, IL

Lucretia Chitty Sweet of Carbondale, Jackson Co, IL

Posted: 7 May 2005 3:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chitty Sweet
Thinking Lucretia might be part of my family, I ordered her application for citizenship in the Cherokee Nation. The documents, dated 1894, give the names of her parents and her siblings. There are also two witness affidavits. I am not related to her and will gladly send this 5-page document to anyone who has an interest. You can send me your name and address off-line. There's no cost - and no strings attached. I just didn't want to throw it away when it might be helpful to someone.

Re: Lucretia Chitty Sweet of Carbondale, Jackson Co, IL

Posted: 11 Dec 2005 12:16AM GMT
Hi,
If I can please have the names of the siblings, I may be very interested in the papers that you mention. I've only recently become aware of a Chitty gggrandma from that same area and time frame. I believe she was Laura Jane Chitty
Thanks,
Chris

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 9:37AM GMT
Surnames: Chitty, Sweet, Bost
Hi Pamela,
I would be very interested in the documents that you have for Lucretia Chitty. This is my Great Grandmother! Let me know if there is any cost involved. Thank You

Posted: 30 May 2008 5:20PM GMT
Surnames: Kirk; Chitty; Arnold; Sweet; Elliott; Shelton; Riddle
I also would be interested in these papers and will gladly pay for any copies and postage. The line I am searching is Kirk, but they are connected with the Chitty's from Jackson and Williamson Co. Illinois. I believe John Kirk married a lady names Elizabeth Minor/Arnold and she may have been Elizabeth Chitty as William F. Chitty had guardianship of the Arnold children. Also John Kirk's son James M. Kirk married Martha Chity dau. of Wm. Franklin Chitty and Sarah Dillard. John Kirk's daughter Nancy A. Kirk Married Henry Porter Sweet who was once married to Emma Lucretia Chitty. This certainly would clear up some things for my research in our Kirk line.
I will send my address if you still have the copies.
Thank you

Posted: 30 May 2008 5:24PM GMT
Surnames: Kirk; Chitty; Arnold; Sweet; Elliott; Shelton; Riddle
Patrick, I just left a brief outline in my interest in the Chitty family pertaining to these papers. My guess is that Emma Lucretia Chitty was married to Henry P. Sweet. H. P. Sweet was also married to Nancy A. Kirk the dau. of John Kirk and Polly Elliott. My research is on the Kirks but I am going to send my address to this lady for copies of the papers as it might help me clear things up.
Were you able to get the copies?
Thank you for any help.

Posted: 31 May 2008 1:49AM GMT
If you provide your email address- I believe I still have the files located somewhere in my data files

Posted: 31 May 2008 2:52AM GMT

Posted: 31 May 2008 10:59PM GMT
The Chitty line would be interested in your line. Please contact GloriaKay57@aol.com

Posted: 31 Dec 2008 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: Chitty
If you still have the papers, I would like a copy of them.

ginachitty@yahoo.com

THANKS

Posted: 1 Jan 2009 7:59PM GMT
I'm sorry but I no longer seem to have copies. I kept digital images for a number of years, and I sent them to several people. Hopefully someone else on the board will have them and be willing to share. Good luck.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic