Search for content in message boards

Alice CODDINGTON Johnson Merrill

Alice CODDINGTON Johnson Merrill

Posted: 18 Feb 2001 5:52AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jan 2003 1:17AM GMT
I have a picture of a girl about a year old on which my grandmother noted "Alice Coddington Johnson Merrill, born Accord, N.Y. (Ulster Co) taken circa 1872."

I have sketchy notes which indicate that Alice was the daughter of Frank and Mary Ida (Sommers) Coddington, with siblings Frank, Grace, and Rose.

I can scan this photo and send it by e-mail to anyone who might be interested in it. I also have a negative and can have new photos made up.

I am looking for additional infomation and confirmation on Alice's family, including any information available on her daughters Ethel, Marion, and Beatrice (by Andrew Martin Johnson). Marion Johnson was my grandmother's mother, but my grandmother was apparantly raised by her grandmother (Alice) and her uncle (Beatrice's husband), although Marion was alive and well. Would be greatly interested in hearing more about this story if anyone has details.

Re: Alice CODDINGTON Johnson Merrill

Posted: 23 Apr 2002 3:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Debi,

This is Maureen Reeve and I would love to have a picture of the girl who you know from your grandmother to be Alice Coddington. Mary Ida Sommers married Dubois Coddington on 30 May 1863 in Allergerville, Ulter Co. New York and the children from this marriage were Joseph, Clarence, Alice, Frank, Arthur, Mary Grace, John, and Oscar, Coddington

Dubois Coddington was born in 1830 in Rochester (Accord), Ulster Co., New York and died on 16 April 1902 in St Josen (Accord), Ulster Co., New York and was buried in Benton-Bar Cmty, Kyserike, Ulster, Co., New York.

Mary Ida Summers was born in 1844 in St Josen (Accord), Ulster Co., New York, and died on 27 March 1945 in Newburgh, Orange Co., New York and was bured in Benton-Bar Cmty, Kyserike, Ulster Co., New York.

Mary married Dubois Coddington, son of Jacobus an Wagenen Coddington and Sarah Schoonmaker, on 30 May 1863 in Alligerville, Ulster Co., New York.

The top of the section I got this from it states
Sixth Generation (3rd Great Grandparents)

If you would like copies of what I have I would be happy to scan them in and send them to you if they could help in anyway. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Maureen Reeve

JUSTIN L. DINGMAN (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2002 6:51PM GMT
Surnames: DINGMAN, FREIHEIT, KEEN, CODDINGTON, HOWELL, CONKLIN
WOULD ALSO LIKE A COPY OF YOUR PICTURE. ALSO ABOUT YOUR LINE. THIS IS MINE JUSTIN L DINGMAN, DOLORES RUTH (FREIHEIT) DINGMAN; ELSIE CODDINGTON (KEEN) FREIHEIT; ANNIE (CODDINGTON) KEEN; CYRUS H. CODDINGTON, ETC, ETC. I DO HAVE SOME CODDINGTON PICTURES AND SOME I DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE. I KNOW WE ARE RELATED, SHE (ALICE) IS A GREAT-GREAT-AUNT OF MINE. SO VERY MUCH LIKE TO EXCHANGE INFORMATION FROM YOU. THANK YOU.

Posted: 15 Dec 2006 11:18PM GMT
Alice Coddington Johnson Merrill, circa 1872
Attachments:

Posted: 15 Dec 2006 11:21PM GMT
Maureen,

For some reason (premature senility??) I can't for the life of me remember seeing this note previously, and am unsure whether I responded with a copy of the photo of Alice. I have posted it here, and would be happy to email a copy as well.

I know some time has passed since our first notes; I hope you are well. I would be happy to receive scanned images of the documents you mention in your post.

TIA,

Debi

Posted: 15 Dec 2006 11:23PM GMT
Justin,

Ditto the note I just sent to Maureen; I do not remember receiving your note previously. If I did not already send you a copy of the photo, I would be happy to send it along.

Likewise, if you would like to trade notes, I am happy to oblige.

Debi

Posted: 16 Dec 2006 8:54PM GMT
Surnames: Coddington
Hi:

Would love to have a picture. Also exchange data with you. Sorry to be delayed in answering your inquery. i don't check this email address very often. My home address is 3719 North Huson St., Tacoma, WA 98407-4121. i do have another email address: jld194112@net-venture.com.
Respectfully, Justin

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 9:23PM GMT
In case anyone else is interested, I have attached the photo.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic