Search for content in message boards

Maritime DeWolfs

Maritime DeWolfs

Carol Dewolf Bratvold (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2002 2:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DeWolf
Am interested in sharing research on Nova Scotia DeWolfs. My grandfather was Francis (Frank) Kirtland DeWolf. His parents were John William DeWolf and Elizabeth Anne Fuller. John's parents were Edwin and Eliza S. DeWolf. Edwin was the son of Thomas Andrew Strange DeWolf and Nancy Ratchford. Thomas was the son of Judge Elisha DeWolf and Margaret Ratchford, and Elisha was the son of Nathan DeWolf and Lydia Kirtland (of Conn.).

Re: Maritime DeWolfs

E-K Strok McLellan (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2002 11:50PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: DeWolf/DeWolfe
I have been doing some research on the Maritime DeWolf(e)s myself and if I recall correctly remember seeing a Strange DeWolf in the cemetary on Main St. in Wolfville, N.S. I have found the History of Kings County by Eaton to be an invaluable source for some of the family lineage. I hope this helps.

E-K Strok McLellan

Carol DeWolf Bratvold (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2002 10:39AM GMT
Well, we DeWolfs can be a little strange . . . but I think you are referring to "Thomas Andrew Strange DeWolf", b.1785, d.1878 in Wolfville, Nova Scotia. He was my gr./gr./great grandfather, son of (Judge) Elisha DeWolf and Margaret Ratchford. Elisha was the son of Nathan DeWolf and Lydia Kirtland, originally from CT. I have researched some of the family in Nova Scotia, but have lots of missing bits.

Posted: 2 Jan 2007 9:20PM GMT
Surnames: DeWolf,Schifano,Franciosa
Hi my name is Linda(Franciosa)Schifano. My mothers name is Karen(DeWolf)Franciosa. Her father's name was Norbert Dewolf and her mother's name was Margaret(Negus)DeWolf. Thet had three children my mother and her two brother's Norbert and Leonard. My grandfather remarried Adola(Plouffe)(Dreisbach)DeWolf. They had five children and their names are Adola,Eric,Larry,Lorriane,Jan. I do know that Lorriane was adopted and I am not to sure of her last name. If you have any other information you can e-mail me at georgies_girl1@yahoo.com.

Posted: 19 May 2007 12:19AM GMT
Maybe you can help me. My father was Edwin DeWolf born in Springfield, MA, with two brothers, Frank and Carl DeWolf. My dad's parents were Carl DeWolf and Ester Wilcox, and I believe they were originally from CT. Could Carl DeWolf be part of your tree?

Mary DeWolf of MA

Posted: 19 May 2007 1:36AM GMT
They sound like descendants of the Connecticut DeWolf family. Not particularly a branch that I dimly recall may have gone to Nova Scotia.

It would be really helpful if you would provide dates to go with these people.

Yours,
Dora Smith

Posted: 22 Apr 2010 7:18PM GMT
Surnames: DeWOLFE, COMSTOCK, ROGERS, CROWE
I have been wondering about Elisha DeWolfe who married Margaret Loveless. They resided in Scott's Bay and Black Rock, Kings Co., NS. The purportedly had fourteen children. One of them, Elizabeth, was the first wife of my grea-grandfather, Fales Newell Rogers. I descend from his second wife, Mary Belle Crowe.
In a petition to the gov't in 1836, there is listed an Elisha DeWolfe, Jr. and a James E. DeWolfe. The petition had something to do with the road in Scott's Bay.
Also, an Elisha DeWolfe sold land in Scott's Bay to Edward Comstock in 1828.
Do you have any information on these two Elishas or the James E. DeWolfe mentioned in the 1836 petition? I am of the mind that there were indeed two Elisha DeWolfes either resident or in possession of land here in Scott's Bay, and that this James was a second son of the first Elisha, but I have no proof. Any insights would be most helpful.
Jerry Huntley
Scott's Bay, NS

Posted: 19 Jul 2010 2:59AM GMT
My Great Great grandparents were Elisha and Margaret (Loveless) DeWolfe. I beleive they lived on the Loveless property in Scots Bay. They are buried in Scots Bay.

I think the Elisha listed selling land might be Elisha's father, He was a junior and this Elisha was a 3rd.

I don't know any other information

Sara Olsund
per page

Find a board about a specific topic