Ancestors of John Horan of Scranton, Pa

Ancestors of John Horan of Scranton, Pa

rhoran (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2000 5:10PM GMT
Looking for relatives or ancestry of John
Horan who died in a mining accident in Scran-
ton, Pa. age 25, Aug. 5, 1884...He is my
great grand-father, and I believe he was from
County Mayo. Or perhaps his parents were...
Looking for his parents names, his date of
birth, and any family tree.

Find grandmother

Horan, Mary ann (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2000 1:04PM GMT
looking for info from Phila Pa, Born around 1865

Re: Ancestors of John Horan of Scranton, Pa

Jennifer Horan (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2001 5:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
My great-grandfather's name was John Horan. I believe he lived in Cleveland and worked on the railroad until one of the guys he worked with was killed in an accident. Then he and his wife Ann moved to Nebraska and became farmers.

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 5:19PM GMT
My great great grandfather was also John Horan, Who moved from Carbondale, to Scranton and died in the mines around the same time but he was 22 and had 2 children.

Posted: 4 Feb 2014 4:44AM GMT
Surnames: HORAN, FORD, HEALEY, FOY, MCHALE, MEER, MEARS, NEALON
John HORAN b 1863 was son of Patrick Joseph HORAN (1843-1918) + Catherine. I believe Patrick Joseph b 1843 was son of Patrick HORAN (1810-1895) + Catherine "Kate" FORD (1812-1896). Patrick b 1810 was b Rathlacken, Co Mayo, d Dunmore, Lackawanna PA. Father of Patrick was Anthony HORAN b abt 1790. Mother was Anna L. (what does the L stand for?) They were from Co Mayo, Ireland. I am interested in more information, also for FOY, MANLEY/MUNNELLY, MEARS/MEER, KANE from this area. Some of them lived in Carrowmore-Lacken. I believe Bartley FORD who m Bridget MEARS/MEER may be brother of Catherine. Sister Cecilia m HEALEY. Sister Ellen m MCHALE. Some of these families moved to Scranton/Lackawanna PA area and some to Chicago IL area. Looking for more! Is there a Mary FORD + Patrick HORAN?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions