Search for content in message boards

KINSLOW Family of Barren, Kentucky

KINSLOW Family of Barren, Kentucky

Posted: 18 Feb 2004 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Nov 2010 9:05PM GMT
Surnames: Kinslow, Ferguson
My daughter is trying to research her grandmother's family; Grandma was a Kinslow by birth who married a Ferguson and she was one 15 children. We have no idea who Grandma's parents were. The only thing known for a certainty is that Great-grandmother Kinslow was a Cherokee Indian (at least part Cherokee), and we believe Great-grandpa Kinslow was Irish.

Would appreciate any assistance.

Re: KINSLOW FAMILY OF BARREN KENTUCKY

Posted: 29 Mar 2004 11:21AM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2004 12:32AM GMT
Surnames: Kinslow Barlow
What was your grandmother's name and date of birth? There are several Kinslow researchers who follow this board who may be able to help you. The 1946 McPherson book connected Conrad Kinslow (Kunzle/Keunzle, etc) to the VA Kincheloe's from Ireland. However, the baptismal records (Hebron Lutheran Church) for Conrad's children indicate that he and his wife, Rhoda Barlow (Parler), were part of the Germanna Colony settlement in Culpepper Co. VA in the late1700s. Conrad's probate records indicate several 'Dutch'-German books in his estate. Alice

Posted: 30 Mar 2004 12:16AM GMT
The only information I have is that her name was Lucille Kinslow, born September 1, 1927 (year is approximate). I understand that she was born in / near Glasgow, KY. We do not know the name of her parents; hopefully someone can provide us with answers.

Posted: 30 Mar 2004 12:44PM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2004 12:32AM GMT
Here is a link for lookups of registered births in Kentucky. Once you have the correct date of birth, you could write for a copy of her birth certificate which should give you information with which to search for her parents. Best Wishes, Alice

Robin FAMILYABC@aol.com has offered to look up Kentucky birth certificates registered 1911-1980 on film she owns. Please be specific and provide county, surname and given name, approximate year and any other information useful in reducing the field.

Earl Kinslow (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2004 2:57PM GMT
Surnames: Kinslow
I have an aunt Lucille Kinslow. She was married to Carl
Ferguson. They divorced and she remarried a man named
Caudill. She lives in New Albany or Floyds Knob, Indiana.
I have her birth date as july 1, 1926.
Her father's name is Delma Lewis Kinslow, And her mother's
name is Mary Lillie Bridges.
They are buried in the Kinslow Cemetery in Barren County
Kentucky.
I have more information on the Kinslow Family

Posted: 9 Jun 2004 7:31PM GMT
I sent an email to the address ancestry has listed for you; I would LOVE to have any information you possess on this family for my daughter's genealogy records. She is the granddaughter of Lucille Kinslow and Carl Ferguson. If you did not receive the email, how may I contact you?

Mary (kinslow) Stoker-Schuetze (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2004 2:22PM GMT
Lucille is my aunt on my father's side (Ralph T. Kinslow)
I have census information that show Lucille Kinslow D.O.B. Sept 1 1926 Born in Glasgow, Barren Co. Kentucky. I also have information on her brothers and sisters.

Mona Kinslow kelley (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2006 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: Kinslow
Ok just thought I would help on the Kinslow line.
My father's Grandfather was Hames Monroe Kinslow his grandfather was William Kinslow and so they say Conrad Kuntzly was the first to come to america and that he was german... SORRY to say My Dad'a Younger Brother George Kinslow did a DNA test. threw Family Tree DNA is Highest marker was English. 2nd was Scottish there is No german in the Kinslow male line going back to Conrad if he is part of the Kinslow line. racheal barlow could have been german. I also done a DNa test on my mother's side no german at all.
French/irish. I don't think Conrad Kuntzly is part of our family after all.unless he was English and just married to a german girl. Thanks Mona

Alice Kinslow Kugler (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2006 1:12AM GMT
Surnames: Kinslow (Kunzle, Genszle, Kincheloe)
Thank you for your post. I am very interested in your information. What was the procedure for the DNA test? You mention FTM. I believe there is a male in our Kinslow line who is willing to take a DNA test.
How do you connect to the children of Conrad Kunzle (Genszle and various spellings) and Rahel Barlow? You mention William Kinslow. Is he the same William Kinslow who served in the KY 37th Regiment in the Civil War? That William Kinslow gave an affidavit for my g grandfather, Page C. Kinslow, in his pension application. They served together. William was Page's half-uncle but they were about the same age.
I am confident that whoever Conrad Kinslow was, that he was the father of my ancestor Ambrose (baptismal records, probate and court records,). I have identified some of Ambrose's children but there is no clear cut list (at least to my knowledge) as there is with Conrad (court records in the estate settlement suit). I believe my gg grandfather, Joseph Kinslow, b. abt 1807-d. 1839, was a child of Ambrose who was the son of Conrad. Ambrose was the executor of Joseph's estate, also Peter's Creek Baptist Church records put Joseph as a member there along with Ambrose at the time of Joseph's death. Otherwise, the connection between Ambrose and Joseph is 'family history' and McPherson's book as well as online genealogy sources.
The German (Dutch) books listed in Conrad's probate records could have belonged to Rahel's family. There were some Kincheloe's in early Barren County as recorded on the census records. Somewhere I ran across a statement that said Ambrose was crippled and that he was German. Have misplaced that but I'll find it eventually. Until then, however, it remains an unsubstantiated statement. I am looking forward to hearing from you again. Please feel free to email me off the board if you would like. Alice

Mona (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2006 5:18AM GMT
My Grandfather's Father is James Monroe Kinslow he was from Tennessee, His father was John adams Kinslow his father was William e Kinslow his wife was phobe Vandewater. They say that William's Father was Conrad Kuntzly but I think it was spelled differently, because the DNA show's NO GERMAN in that Kinslow Line. It show's 1 English and Scottish with some irish mixed in. Conrad came over on the St. Andrew Aug 18 1750 if this is true his wife Rachael Barlow might of been german but if Conrad belongs to us he would be mostly English. I Got tired of Listening to everyones idea on who and were and what the Kinslow's were so we dicided to do a DNA Test only the male line which is Kinslow. The Kinslow's DNA would be R1B1 which is the lower part of Europe. England. There are some Kinslow's and Kincheloe's that are related living in Ireland and alot in Kent, England. it doesn't say if Conrad having in brother's on the ship but I do know that there was a Conrad Kinslow Jr.
John Blankenbaker sent me a few pages of beyond germanna. so we could be Related if we could prove it. if you have a kinslow have them do a DNA test from Family Tree DNA it's about $239.00 and it don't lie..

Thanks Mona Kinslow Kelley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic