Search for content in message boards

Lana

Posted: 13 Apr 2005 4:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MINCHEW, PERTREE
I am looking for information on Enola Camilene Minchew (Pertree), b. about 1891 in AL to unknown parents who were b. in AL according to census. There is some indication the Minchew family may have come from NC (likely through SC, GA) to AL (some appear to have gone from AL to TX), but I have been unable to find Enola as a child in the home of her parents. She lived into the 1970s and died in Boaz, Marshall, AL. Prior to 1920, she married Arthur A. Pertree, likely in DeKalb Co., AL.

Enola Camilene Minchew, wife of Arthur Alexander Pertree, of AL

Posted: 13 Apr 2005 4:34PM GMT
Surnames: MINCHEW, PERTREE
Listed the subject incorrectly in the first post. See first post for details.

Re: Lana

Paul Minshew (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2006 3:23PM GMT
Surnames: Minchew/Minshew
Enola Cameline Minchew/Minshew was a daughter of William Penn and Martha Minchew/Minshew of Calhoun and Cherokee Counties in Alabama. If you're looking for her in the census records, you'll need to try alternate spellings of the last name.

William's family (Enola included) shows up in the 1900 census for Piedmont in Calhoun County. This family is indexed under the name Minshew. In 1910, William and Enola's family is in Forney in Cherokee County. They are indexed under the name Minetree and Minshew.

Hope this helps.

Re: Minshew Family

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 1:33AM GMT
Paul: Do you have other information on the Minshew family? I am researching for friends who descend from Wilburn Lafayette, brother of William Penn.

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 2:11AM GMT
Yes I do, both back from and forward from Wilburn and his siblings. Are you interested in just Wilburn's branch or would you care to see what I have for his whole Minshew family? Let me know what would be of the most help to you. There's no charge, by the way.

You can contact me through this board or through my e-mail address. I would enjoy talking with with either way you choose.

Paul

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 2:35AM GMT
Rosaline,

If you would care to contact me outside the board my e-mail is p-dminsh@juno.com

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 1:21PM GMT
Surnames: PERTREE, MINCHEW, MINSHEW
Roasline and Paul,

Please cc me also regarding Minshew/Minchew family.

Lana, w4ctk@farmerstel.com

Re: Lana

Posted: 16 Sep 2010 9:05PM GMT
Enola was my grandmother. She was living in Fort Payne, Alabama at the time of her death. She is buried at Mountain View Memory Gardens in Rainsville, Alabama, not Boaz. She had 3 sons, Quentin, A J, and (my father) Henry Hobson.
There were 4 daughters, Hazel, Mabel and Morene and Lorene (twins).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic