Search for content in message boards

Elijah Pressley

Elijah Pressley

Marie Pressley (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2000 9:31AM GMT
I am looking for information on my husband's great grandfather, Elijah Pressley. I don't know much other than he was a blacksmith somewhere around Madisonville, TN. I know he had at least three children. A daughter, Grace and a set of twins, a boy and a girl born in August, 1900. The son, James North Pressley, was my husband's grandfather. The girl twin died pretty soon after birth, I think. Elijah's wife died when James North was very young. Elijah died, I think, when James North was around 12 or 13. If anyone has any knowledge of this family, please respond to my e-mail address, marie_p_30288@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Marie Pressley

Elijah Pressley

Posted: 16 Feb 2001 11:09AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 12:24AM GMT
Marie, Elijah was my grandfather. He died about 1940 in Loudon, Tenn. I e-mailed your address. If you didn't get it, respond here. I can help you. My grandmother was a North. Grace was my mother.

Elijah Pressley

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2001 9:51PM GMT
Elijah Pressley was my great grandfather. Just today I received some info about him. Let me know how your husband is related. His daughter Cora was my grandmother.

karenb61@netzero.com

Elijah Pressley

Posted: 17 Feb 2001 7:03AM GMT
Karen: Thank you for your response. Did your grandmother, Cora, have any brothers and sisters. I remember in my search, finding a Cora North Pressley, but I believe she was an only child. The Elijah I'm looking for would have had at least 3 children. I believe the Cora I found is possibly your grandmother.

Elijah Pressley

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2001 11:03AM GMT
I saw you got a message from Allen, he can tell you about Elijah. My grandmother was adopted out when the family hit hard times, but Cora North Pressley was her mother. There were 3 or 4 children according to Allen. His mother (Grace) was 1 of them. How is your husband related to Elijah? We must be related somehow! Send me any info you have on Cora North Pressley. I have her name as Cora Cordelia North.
my e-mail is karenb61@netzero.com

Elijah Pressley

Posted: 18 Feb 2001 4:04AM GMT
Karen: Wow! From what I've learned from you and Allen, we are 2nd cousins. Thank you so much for the info and we would appreciate anything else you could tell us about "our" family. Allen told us that Cora Cordelia North was married to my husband, Wayne's great-grandfather, Elijah. This must mean that your grandmother's name was Cora, also. Is that correct? From what Allen said, Cora (Elijah and Cora Cordelia North's child) was ill and they couldn't take care of her, so they adopted her out, along with her sister, May. Have I got the story right? (This really gets confusing, doesn't it?)

Family

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2001 8:29PM GMT
Hi Cousin,
The way I understand it Cora (the mother) became ill and they adopted out the 2 younger children. Send me your e-mail, I received info from the 1900 census of Monroe Co. Tenn. Also, who is your husband's mother or father?
Karen

Re: Elijah Pressley

Wanda Cobb (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2002 3:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Try looking in the 1910 census of the State they were in.
I too am a Pressley. You will be surprised at what you will learn. Good luck.
Wanda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions