Search for content in message boards

Richard Dean Anderson's family tree?

Richard Dean Anderson's family tree?

Posted: 13 Dec 2010 1:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Anderson, Carter
Does anyone happen to know anything about the family of American actor Richard Dean Anderson? (He played MacGyver in the TV show) I have found some information which suggests a possibility that I could be related to him. I am curious to know if there is, in fact, a family link. If anyone could help me out on this, that would be great! All I have are his parents names (Stuart Jay Anderson and Jocelyn R. Carter)

Re: Richard Dean Anderson's family tree?

Posted: 18 Dec 2010 8:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Carter,
My maiden name is Anderson, but as far as I know there is no relation to Richard D. Anderson the actor. But at one time there was a friend of my families who had the last name of Anderson and he was related-distantly. I remember he spoke about going to a family reunion, quite a few years back now, and he met RDA there. I seem to recall that he said that it was before he made a big name for himself.
Our friend's name was Cliff. He is now dead, but he has family still alive. I think a son that lives in WI maybe? I honestly can not remember.
I do remember that he spoke of having a Norwegian or Swedish background. He mentioned that he had several distant relatives that spelled their last name andersen or maybe even two s's. This has been like 20 yrs ago and my memory is not very good.I know this is not much to go on, but I hope it helps in some way.
Much success,
s
per page

Find a board about a specific topic