Search for content in message boards

Hint Errors

Hint Errors

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 5:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
The hint errors are non-stop. I'm new. Is this normal?

Re: Hint Errors

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 6:46AM GMT
Can you be more specific? What types of errors?

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 1:41PM GMT
In the Family Tree feature, when I click a leaf hint for the last couple days, or try to attach a document to a person, I get this error:

"Check back soon.

We're sorry but this feature is temporarily unavailable. The problem has been reported and we will work toward resolving the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience at this time. Check back with us shortly."

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 3:00AM GMT
Tray,

Just a suggestion, but there is some error message(don't remember which one) I get on a regular basis. All I need to do to correct the problem is to refresh! What you're getting probably isn't as simple, but it's worth a try.

TOM

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 3:23AM GMT
That particular error has been a recent pain.

Although normally a refresh or cache clear will fix errors from ancestry.com, that one usually needs a browser restart or even a computer reboot.

I prefer Firefox, but that error seems to be worse in Firefox. When I am hot on the trail of an elusive ancestor and don't want to take the time to reboot, I'll switch to a different browser, short-term, to avoid that error for a little while.

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 7:02AM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2013 9:37AM GMT
Yea, Firefox may be contributing to the problem.

I've been able to work-around the issue by accessing hints via the All Hints tab on Tree Pages.

Thanks for your help folks.

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 10:59AM GMT
One thing I noticed on my Firefox (version 18.0.2) is that when I searched for a person in my tree using the upper right box, the listings were double-spaced and I was getting the "check back soon" error a lot today.
When I cleared the cache and cleared cookies for only Ancestry, both problems went away.
For instructions on clearly selected cookies in Firefox, see http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-in...

Barbara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic