Search for content in message boards

Andrew Jackson Yancey

Andrew Jackson Yancey

Posted: 11 Nov 2013 7:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Yancey
My ancestor Andrew Jackson Yancey, B 29 June 1861, died in Williamson County ILL. I am trying to find his children's names and info as well as more information about him overall.
This request is by Russ Hanson for a friend, (Goins family of Ill).

Re: Andrew Jackson Yancey

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 3:29AM GMT
I have a ton of Wms. Co., Ill. genealogy books and I don't find much on Andrew Jackson Yancey/Yancy except his two marriages with info. like parents names, age, etc.

I did find the following in Wms. Co. Coroner's Inquest Records, Vol 1:

Held at the residence of A.J. Yancy in Bainbridge Precinct in the County of Williams and State of Ill., on Sun the 12th day of Aug 1894 on the body of Henry V. Yancy deceased.

Be it remembered, that at an inquisition made before the undersigned, I.N. Privett, Coroner of said County at Bainbridge Precinct in the said County on the 12th day of Aug. A.D. 1894, upon the body of Henry V. Yancy by a Jury sworn according to law, to inquire how the said body came to its death, the witnesses then and there sworn testified as follows to wit:

Witness: A.A. Robinson, Being Duly Sworn-Deposes:
says he met Henry Tippy and three other boys on the Road and that they were talking together and in a very short time Mr. Andrew Yancy and his two little boys came out to where they were and they all then went up in the woods in the shade while there a question arose about a pistol and a trade talked and a pistol was produced and afterwards and other pistol was shown and some one of the crowd said boys be careful that pistol is loaded and then the question arose about how the postols were made and the difference between them-Henry Tippy taken the pistol to show how it worked and it was as I believed fired accidentally and killed the little boy of Andrew Yancy.
This August 12th 1894.

Witness: Andrew Yancy, Being Duly Sworn-Deposes:
Father of the child testify to about the same as Robinson also the testimony Henry Tippy and C.C. Tippy-Ed Robinson and James Tippy all testify to about the same facts above stated.

We, the undersigned, Jurors, sworn to inquire of the death of Henry V. Yancy on oath do find that he came to his death by:

A pistol shot accidentally discharged in the hands of Henry Tippy.

It looks like Andrew Jackson is buried in Hampton Cem. but no dates shown.

Someone posted that Andrew Jackson Yancy had children: Charles, Inez, John, Vince, Hosea Lafayette (28 Apr 1888-30 Oct 1964, married Martha Alice Dillow), Gertie Ann (22 May 1890-15 Oct 1983, married Wm. Morgan Silas Goins) and Ervin (7 Jul 1895-12 Apr 1957).

If I can try to locate anything else for you just let me know what your looking for and I'll give it a try.

Patricia

Re: Andrew Jackson Yancey

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 4:00AM GMT
Ill. Births:

Charles Yancy, born 14 Mar 1884, Wms. Co. Parents Andrew and Nancy.

In 1900 Wms. Co. census there is an Erwin Yancy, born Jul 1895, listed as grandson to Andrew Yancy, age 80 and wife Marthy, age 70. Since he is living with his grandparents it looks like his parents might be dead by the 1900 census?

It looks like several people in this family are buried in Hampton Cem. with hand made markers and no dates.

Patricia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions