Search for content in message boards

Alexander Ostrander, Juneau Cty WI - DEATH

Alexander Ostrander, Juneau Cty WI - DEATH

Posted: 27 Jan 2004 8:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, I'm trying to locate a death record (date and/or place of burial) for Alexander Ostrander. He was born in 1818 in NY and was living in Juneau WI in the 1900 census. He was 83 years old. By 1910, I can't find him. I assume he passed away during that 10 year period. His wife's name was Maria, and she had passed by the 1900 census. Any help locating either of their death information would be appreciated. Thanks so much in advance. Rozalyn

Re: Alexander Ostrander, Juneau Cty WI - DEATH

Posted: 14 Apr 2004 7:24PM GMT
Surnames: Ostrander, Lewis
Maria was listed in the 1880 census living in Centralia, Wood Co. (ED 232 SD 4 pg 495A), age 54. She is listed as divorced. Her mother (listed as as Maria's boarder in the 1880 census) died in 1882 "at the residence of her daughter Mrs. Andrew Bean", according to her obituary. I am unsure if this is refering to Maria's sister, Ellen, or if Maria remarried again.

Maria's sister Eliza was my great-great grandmother. I would be interested in any information that you may find. Thanks!

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 5:33PM GMT
Hi Roz Have you learned anything more about Alexander & Maria? I have same names, but different birthdates. My Alexander was born 1783, and he had a son born 1822. My Alexander was son of Johannes Ostrander. Who was father of your ALEXANDER? Maria Manwaring married first Daniel Shirts in NY; after he died, she married Alexander Ostrander. Maria AKA Hetty AKA Hitty.

My Alexander is found in 1860 census of NY---77 years old. It is not clear if he was living with his daughter-in-law or his spouse.

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 8:54AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: ostrander
Name: Alexander Ostrander
Census Date: 1 Jun 1905
Residence County: Waupaca
Residence State: Wisconsin
Locality: Farmington
Birth Location: New York
Marital Status: Divorced
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1816
Race: White
Line: 35
Roll: CSUSAWI1905_32

1890 Veterans Schedules
Veteran's name: Alexander Ostrander
Home in 1890 (Township, County, State): Armenia, Juneau, Wisconsin
Year enlisted: 1861
Year discharged: 1862

Name: Alexander Ostrander
Birth Unknown
Death Date: 24 Mar 1909
Burial Place:Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery , King, Waupaca County, Wisconsin
Plot: SECTION 9 ROW 16 SITE 1

"Pvt Infantry - Civil War "

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 8:41PM GMT
thank you so much for this information! I will check my records again to verify this is my Alexander and I appreciate your time!

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 8:42PM GMT
It has been years since I did Ostrander research! I will need to dig out my files and check. Thank you for contacting me!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions