Search for content in message boards

Noah Anderson Gregory

Noah Anderson Gregory

Beverly Croxton (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2000 11:01AM GMT
Trying to find parents of Noah Anderson Gregory. His family came out of Gregory, AR during the Civil War.Brothers Nathan,Tank, William settled in Red River Cty, Texas, other older siblings also scattered.Noah married Serena Lee in Red River Co.Tx., later married Sarah Elizabeth Watson in Hunt
Co. Tx, died in early 1900's. Noah's family
raised cotton in AR. around Gregory's Landing supposed to have been burned out during scrimmage of Civil War, left AR. at that time, migrating along Red River in OK. and TX.

Re: Noah Anderson Gregory

Posted: 3 Mar 2002 9:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
My family still owns and farms the Gregory Farm at Gregory, AR.. My g.g.grandfather,Nathan(gggrandmother Mary Jane Bland), and his brother, Tilman settled that land beginning in 1848 or so. My ggrandfather was Minor Gregory. There were several children, but Minor was the only male to survive, and have children. His only child who lived to adulthood was William Nathan. He and his oldest son, WN.Jr., were killed in an airplane crash in 1932 or 33. My father, Richard Edward G. and uncle, Noel Kennady G. inherited the farm, and now we, their offsprings, have inherited it. There were two other Gregory's listed in that area. Erastus, and Elnathan who had a saw mill, and moved on to White Co., AR. Gregory Point may have been named for them, so one researcher has said. There was also a William who we thought was a brother to Tilman and Nathan, but may have been a cousin. I think he died without children. We have the marriage papers from Shelby Co., TN for Tilman and Nathan. Do any of these names fit in with yours? There were two sisters who were with N., and T., Adelia, and Amanda.

Posted: 22 Feb 2003 5:03PM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2005 7:27AM GMT
Surnames: Gregory, Dunlap
Beverly: My grandmother's name was Minnie Dashwood Gregory, the dau of Thomas S. "Tank" Gregory and Laura Caudle Gregory. Thomas and Laura were living as boarders in the household of J. R. Gregory in Red River County, TX in 1880. Also there was a James Gregory listed just below them which could be the father of these two? Tank and Laura had two girls Minnie Dashwoood Gregory and Lena G. Gregory. Minnie married James Thomas Dunlap in Delta County and Lena married a George Taylo, probably in Red River County. Can you help any? I'd like to know where my grandmother is buried? I think around Detriot, TX. Bill Wiseman at bgwiseman@friendlycity.net

Posted: 12 Dec 2003 10:01PM GMT
Response to message with updated e-mail: gbwiseman@friendlycity.net. Bill Wiseman

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 12:30AM GMT
. My family also had a "Tank" Gregory that worked on the rail road and lost his wife, she was burned while washing clothes. She had on a large dress and it caught on fire. They had a child Nathan Gregory who my Great Grandmother raised. I don't no if this is the same Tank Gregory or not but I believe Tank's daddy and James Gregory were brothers and I am trying to find out who their father was. Can you help?

Posted: 5 Feb 2011 12:46AM GMT
Beverly: I am descended from Thomas Siler "Tank" Gregory b. 1856 in Carroll county, Ark. their parents were James Gregory b. 1802 in VA and married a 2nd time with 3 boys from previous marrige. His 2nd wife was Elizabeth Beal. They died in RRc abt. 1888 with James Richard Gregory b. 1849 in VA before they left for Arkansas was Power of Attorney.

Bill Wiseman
gbwiseman@friendlycity.net

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 4:55PM GMT
Bill
Thanks so much for the reply. I do show that James Gregory had 3 boys by a first marriage, John G., Jacob, and William M. There seems to be some discrepancy on the monument for Elizabeth Beal Gregory, I show her birth 1830 and the monument shows 1849. Noah's daughter Hulitt McKinney Everly told stories that Noah's mother died at his birth, but that cannot be correct since Lovey Ann was born in 1867, and Isaac was born in 1869. Also stories that the monument is for a sister Elizabeth but also stories that there was only one sister whick has to be Lovey Ann. I do have an old family picture of a woman who looks like Noah that is supposed to be his sister Effie Hunsicker.
I can't quite tie in Tillman and Nathan with James, but know they are kin. I also cannot find the first boys mother named anywhere but showing to have been born in North Carolina. I also believe Jacob married Mary Beal who was Elizabeth's younger sister.Many more questions, so few resolutions. I can't find James' father or mother's name.
We are all definitely related but the key to tying all together is James relationship to Tillman and Nathan.

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 5:48PM GMT
I do show William as a brother along with sisters, Adelia who married William McKee on 31 Dec. 1844, Amanda who married Josiah W. Jones 1 Jul 1844, then married Nathan W. Irwin in 1853.
My Noah is definitely related, but cannot tie his father who is supposed to be James to Tillman, William, and Nathan. Any other info you can give will be highly appreciated.

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 12:27AM GMT
Beverly: You just hit paydirt. My gr grandfather is Thomas Siler Gregory; brother to your Noah A. Gregory. If you will send me your e-mail I'll send you my Gregory file when I get home as I am in travel just now and will be home next week.

Bill Wiseman
gbwiseman@friendlycity.net

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 12:45AM GMT
I have some spare James GREGORYs and one of my GREGORY relatives "passed through" that area before 1875 or so from MO on his way to TX. Can you clarify the dob of this James and any siblings that anyone might have paired up with him? I may have more info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions