Search for content in message boards

Frederick Wood

Frederick Wood

Posted: 23 Dec 2010 2:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information re Frederick Wood resident of Surrey, England. Had a wife and several children. Family owned a furniture store. Frederick Wood resided in Canada with Florence Pepper. Went to US and was deported back to England. My birth certificate and that of two of my sisters list our mother as Florence Pepper-Wood. One other shows father to be Frederick Wood but was not adopted out. Other two names of father were blanked out. Two of us were adopted out shortly after birth. Any information would be helpful in our getting to know to about our connection to this Frederick Wood.

Re: Frederick Wood

Posted: 24 Dec 2010 12:42PM GMT
Hi

Do you have any other info. I have Wood family in Surrey a great Uncle Frederick Wood. Do you know roughly when he was born?

Posted: 24 Dec 2010 2:35PM GMT
No I don't but I will check with my older bio sister Mary as she is the family historian. Thank goodness she wasn't adopted out.

Posted: 19 Jan 2011 2:52PM GMT
My father was Frederick William Wood. Born 1 8 1912 in Oxted Surrey. Could we be related...

Posted: 19 Jan 2011 2:54PM GMT
my father was Frederick William Wood, born 1 8 1912 in Oxted surrey...

Posted: 19 Jan 2011 7:51PM GMT
Surnames: Pepper, Wood
As I was adopted out between 2weeks and 2 months and my oldest sister's father is Frederick Wood, and we have no middle name for Frederick and she only knows that he came from Surrey where his parents had a very large furniture store I can't confirm if your father would be the same Frederick Wood. My Second eldest sister and myself adoptions papers show our surname of Pepper-Wood, with the three of us having the same mother Florence Pepper. The name of our father for some reason seems to be blankied out. My youngest sister has a different father but the same mother. Our Fred Wood went to the U.S. with Florence Pepper and was deported back to England as he didn't have the right credentials to live and work in the US. It is said that he had a wife and several children in Surrey. Did your father own a large store in Surrey? Thank you for your reply.

Posted: 20 Jan 2011 9:27PM GMT
My father was born in 1912, in Oxted Surrey, he had a lot of brothers and sisters and married Eleanor Vaughan, hope this is some help to you

Posted: 20 Jan 2011 9:28PM GMT
No such luck with Dads family owning a large furniture shop. Sorry we not related....

Posted: 20 Jan 2011 11:53PM GMT
Thanks anyway Margaret. I will just have to keep trying. I hope my eldest sister gave me the right info.
Verna

Posted: 21 Jan 2011 10:28AM GMT
My grandad was Robert George Wood married to a Mary Jane Crowe. Dont know if this is any use to you. Good Searching
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions