Search for content in message boards

Electa Wood of the 1860 census

Electa Wood of the 1860 census

Posted: 6 Dec 2011 5:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone tell me more about Electa Wood of the 1860 census of Leon, Waushara County, Wisconsin?

Age in 1860: 77
Birth Year: abt 1783
Birthplace: Vermont [The New York-Vermont border was not drawn until fairly late.]
Home in 1860: Leon, Waushara County, Wisconsin
Post Office: Pine River
Household Members:
Name Age
Jacob Colanck 48
Susan Colanck 44
Sarah Colanck 18
Isaac Colanck 16
Willard Colanck 10
Philena Colanck 8
William Colanck 4
Electa Wood 77

Is she the widow of Frederick Wood? 11mitchell@mchsi.com

Re: Electa Wood of the 1860 census

Posted: 7 Jan 2012 8:16PM GMT
At findagrave.com, there's a listing for Electa Wood (1789-1868) buried just across the southern border of Waushara County at Bush Cemetery, Berlin (Green Lake County). Is this the same person?

She's listed as the "wife of Frederic [sic]" and there's a Frederick buried there, too, but with no birth and death dates. From your query and other information posted on Ancestry.com, I see that she had a son with that name, as well, but a quick review of that information seems to point to other burial places for both her husband AND her son.

She appears to be buried near one of her daughters, Sarah (Wood) McNely, who also shows up in those other family trees on Ancestry.com.

Based on the info in your query, I couldn't tell if this is "new" information for you, but wanted to mention it just in case.

Posted: 7 Jan 2012 9:13PM GMT
Thank you for your posting. It looks to me as if this is the same Electa Woods although my dates are a little off from your. My Electa had the unmarried name of Russel/Russell, and one of her daughters, named Electa, married a Russell relative of mine. I strongly suspect that my Russell relative and Electa's daughter were cousins of some degree.

THANKS FOR THESE DETAILS.

Sincerely, J. Mitchell

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 4:47PM GMT
Surnames: WOOD in Vermont
There was an Electa Wood b. 8 Oct 1786 in VT, the daughter of Charles Lawrence Wood and Betsey Dewey. I believe this may be your Electa. Perhaps she was a maiden aunt in the 1860 census? The 1870 Vermont census has her living with Roxie Wood aged 85, but I don't have Roxie as a sibling. Perhaps Roxie's age is off? If anyone is researching the family of the above Charles Lawrence Wood and Betsey Dewey, please get in touch.

Steve Franey

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 5:51PM GMT
I think that my Electa went west and died in the West. There were many Woods in Colonial America and Electa was a popular first name.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic