Search for content in message boards

Hobbs family, TX

Hobbs family, TX

Posted: 1 Jul 2001 10:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hobbs/Lee
Have information on Jesse Hobbs family, Jesse born Conicah County, AL, moved to Texas 1852 with widowed mother. Died 1918, Alvin, Brazoria County, TX. Would like to correspond with any and all persons related to this line. He married Celia Lee in Matagorda County. She was the daughter of Pertilla Edward Lee and Harriet Minerva Williams. Harriet was the daughter of Henry Williams of the OLD THREE HUNDRED.

Interest in any and all info on Henry Williams and Jesse Hobbs. Have the Lee family to Union County, SC.

Re: Hobbs family, TX

Posted: 11 Oct 2006 2:20AM GMT
Hello,

Can you tell me if the Rederick Hobbs listed in Brazoria County in 1920 is a son of this Jesse Hobbs? His birth place is listed as Tennessee so it seems unlikely. I am trying to tie him in to a family from Hardin, TN.

Thank you.

Posted: 11 Oct 2006 2:37AM GMT
I can say with all certainty that he is not a son of Jesse and Celia Hobbs. Jesse had 7 children who were:
1) Maggie Lorena who married Robert Floyd
2) Lillian who married Robert Greenlee
3) Harriett who married Frank LeClere
4) Horace (twin to Harriett & my grandfather) who married 3 times 1) Mary Elizabeth McMahon, 2) Anna Sara Todd and 3) Annie M. Ehlert or Eilert (don't know for sure - #1 was my grandmother)
5) Hiram who married Amy Knutson
6) Irvin who married Ethel Davenport
7) Alice who married Beverly Pate
Sounds like your best bet is in TN if that makes more sense than this Texas family. Jesse and his family moved to Texas when Jesse was a child. All his children were born in Matagorda County, and he and Celia both died in Texas.

cindy graham (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2006 12:07PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. I am almost certain he is the man I'm looking for, but I like to tie up all the loose ends before I decide.

Posted: 11 Oct 2006 6:13PM GMT
You are quite welcome. Just wish I could have been of more help. Brick walls need to be torn down!! I have a few of my own.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic