Search for content in message boards

William May

William May

Jimmie L. Merritt (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2001 2:20PM GMT
I am searching for information on William May born in 1836 in Mississippi. Later found in Faulkner co. AR with a son, John Lee May, who is my grandfather. Would like to find the father of William along with his siblings, as well as his wife, who would be the mother of John Lee.

WILLIAM MAY

Kim (Drake) jobe (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2001 6:29PM GMT
Jimmie, hi you replied to John Drake. I would like to talk to you about the May family. I also am descendeant of william May. we may be related Please EMail me with your email address if you have Aol my screen name to chat with is most of the time cjgoose86 thats my daughters screen but i am on it more than mine it is CJTUBBY67@AOL.COM PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME.

William May

Posted: 24 Jan 2001 7:38PM GMT
Kim, My Address is wmerritt@cyberback.com

May's in Miss.

Posted: 25 Jan 2001 10:40AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2005 12:59AM GMT
I am looking for John David May. Are you related to Linda Sue Merritt? If you are, I have found a relation. John David May was born abt 1858. I am looking for His father and mother. I will look in the info that I have and see if I can find a connection with William May. My email is erler3@yahoo.com Debbie

May family research

Posted: 25 Jan 2001 10:47AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2005 12:59AM GMT
I am related to John David May and have not been able to get past him. I you can help in any way, it would be appriciated. My grandmother is Mary Ruth May. she is the daughter of Thomas Newton May and Ella Mae Houchins. My email address is erler3@yahoo.com Debbie

William May of Faulkner County AR.

Posted: 17 Feb 2001 2:48PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 3:46AM GMT
I have a William May(from Census Faulkner Co.) married to Sarah? They had Children Nancy, Sarah, John, William, James, Eliott Sidney.(Possibly others as this is a 1900/1910 census.)

Elliott Sidney May married My great Aunt Jeanette Nettie(akaNetty)Armstrong.They had Children:Willys Fred, Dorothy Angelina, Betty Sue, Sarah Jane, Earl Vincent, Jeanette Faith, Bobby Gene, Edna Ann, Edward Huey, A. Harlan,Elmer Sidney, Ted Alva.
I am interested in finding any of the children/grandchildren/ anyone who can fill me in on any of the Alfred Huey Armstrong kin,or any of the May children/grandchildren interested in family history.
Dorothy Snuggs

William May

Posted: 19 Feb 2001 6:33PM GMT
Thanks for the information on William May.My William was born in 1836 in MS. I have children listed as E. S. May born in 1880, George May born in 1882, Freda May born in 1885, Edgar May born in 1889, Roxy May born in 1891, and Sarah May. I don't know what year these were on the census.
I am sure glad to get the info on Elliott Sidney May. I am sure this is the E. S. that I have. I read your info on the Armstrongs. I have heard of them but don't have anything on them.
I am seeking the first wife of William May who would be the mother of my grandfather, John Lee May, who was born in 1871. Sarah must have been a second wife and the mother of all the other children.
Any other information will be appreciated

William May

Posted: 21 Feb 2001 3:17PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 3:46AM GMT
Jimmie,
I have these children listed in my Geneology report, and I am not sure where it came from,
Nancy May abt. 1867, Sarah about 1869, John abt. 1872,(very well could be 71, depending on the month the census was taken.) William May about 1874, James May about 1877, Then Elliot Sidney about1879 ,Which in fact is March 1880.
I looked further on the 1900 U. S. Census Faulkner County , I only made 1 copy so don't have where he was born, the next time I am at the Library I will look further, but I am sure it is the same family. He was born August 1836. Sarah J.(Wife) was born Jan. 1850 or 1856 (the handwriting is so bad on this census. )They have listed E.S. Mar. or Nom.1880, George V. Nov. 1882, Truda A. Oct. 1885, Edgar (Could be H.) Nov. or Mar. 1889, Roxy M. or W., Nov. 1891, Sarah L. July 1893. This does sound like your family!
The next time I am at the Library I will look further for the place of birth of all these folks.

Dorothy

William May Family

Posted: 21 Feb 2001 7:18PM GMT
Dorothy,
Thanks for the help you have given me. I know without a doubt this is my family. I was always told that my grandfather, John Lee, had half brothers and sisters. I assumed that William had two wives since the census says that John Lee was born in MS. George was married to my grandmother, Augusta, after my grandfather died in the flu epidemic of 1919. I knew George, Uncle Ed and Aunt Roxy.
I got your e-mail address off of some of your postings. Is it alright if I e-mail you direct?
Thanks again!
Jimmie
Wmerritt@cyberback.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions