Search for content in message boards

Issac & Dorothy Mae STRINGER

Issac & Dorothy Mae STRINGER

RIQUEVA STRINGER-MATHEWS (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2000 11:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Aug 2005 9:09AM GMT
Surnames: STRINGER
HI CHER. WE DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER BUT, I READ WHAT YOU WROTE ON THE MESSAGE BOARD. I AM A BLACK FEMALE FROM MIAMI, FLA. IN THE DADE COUNTY AREA. OFF THE BAT YOU MIGHT THINK THAT WE HAVE NO RELATION BUT THE WAT THINGS WERE WAY BACK WHEN, WE JUST MIGHT BE. THE REASON YOUR INFORMATION CAUGHT MY EYE THE WAY IT DID WAS BECAUSE TWO YEARS AGO THERE WAS A STRINGER FAMILY REUNION IN MONTICELLO, FLORIDA. THIS ONE IS REMEMBERED SO WELL BECAUSE IT WAS THE BIGGEST ONE THAT WE'VE EVER HAD. I REMEMBER SEEING ALMOST 15-25 CAUCASION FAMILIES THERE WHO SHARED THE SAME LAST NAME AS I DID. ALOT OF THE NAMES THAT THEY MENTIONED AS FAR AS AUNTS AND UNCLES AND GREAT GRANDPARENTS SOUNDS LIKE THE EXACT SAME NAMES THAT YOU'VE LISTED IN THE MESSAGE BOARD. I APOLOGIZE THAT i CAN'T REMEMBER ANY OF THE NAMES THAT I HEARD AT THE REUNION. I DO KNOW THAT MY GRANDPARENTS ARE ISSAC AND DOROTHY MAE STRINGER. DOROTHY MAE WAS A CHEROKEE INDIAN FROM THE SILVER STREAK TRIBE. THEY HAD CHILDREN; FRANCIS; LEROY(MY GRANDFATHER); MATTIE; BETTY JEAN; NOAH; JOHN SR.; LIILY MAE; EDMOND; ELLIOT;ISSAC JR.; CLARA;ONE UNKNOWN THAT WAS A TWIN TO LEROY STRINGER, BUT DIED AT BIRTH; AND ONE STEP BROTHER THAT ISAAC SR. HAD WITH ANOTHER WOMAN AFTER DOROTHY'S(LATE WIFE)DEATH. I REALLY HOPE THAT THIS CAN HELP YOU EVEN THE LEAST BIT. I KNOW THAT THAT IS AS FAR BACK THAT I CAN GO (5 GENERATIONS). I AM 21 YEARS OLD. I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR MY MISSING LINKS SINCE I WAS 13. THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME. I FIND MYSELF NOT BEING ABLE TO SLEEP BECAUSE I AM DETERMINED TO FIND MY RELATIVES. I FIGURED IF ALEX HALEY(DIRECTOR AND CREATOR OF THE MOVIE "ROOTS" 1977 BASED ON A TRUE STORY), COULD TRACE HIS ANCESTORS AS FAR BACK AS AFRICA IN 7 YEARS THEN I SHOULD BEABLE TO DO THE SAME THING. THIS MEANS SO MUCH TO ME. MY GRANDPARENTS JUST DON'T LIKE TO DISCUSS IT FOR SOME ODD REASON. I WANT MY TWO YEAR OLD TO GROW UP KNOWING HER ANCESTORS ATLEAST AS FAR BACK AS THE EARLY 1800'S. PLEASE, IF YOU CAN PASS THIS ON TO ANY ONE ELSE THAT YOU MIGHT KEEP IN CONTACT WITH ON THE MESSAGE BOARD OR EVEN FAMILY , PLEASE REPLY. NOTHING ELSE COULD BE MORE IMPORTANT TO ME.

Re: Issac & Dorothy Mae STRINGER

Posted: 14 Aug 2000 9:06AM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2005 9:11AM GMT
Hi Riqueva,

Please contact me at krobi91002@aol.com
and let's see if we might connect.

KM

RIQUEVA STRINGER MATHEWS (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2000 11:55AM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2005 9:11AM GMT
HI, I READ YOUR REPLY. I AM GOING TO GIVE YOU A LIST OF NAMES OF THE ACESTORS THAT I KNOW OF. I AM 21 YEARS AND THE GRANDAUGHTER OF LEROY AND ROSEMARY STRINGER SR.. THE PARENTS OF LEROY STRINGER ARE; ISAAC AND DOROTHY SR.. THEY HAD 12 CHILDREN; LEROY; ISAAC JR; EDMOND; ELLIOT; NOAH; FRANCIS; BETTY JEAN; MATTIE; CLARA; LILLY MAE; AN UNKNOWN TWIN SON TO MY GRANDFATHER LEROY, WHO WAS BELIEVED TO HAVE DIED AT BIRTH; AND JOHN WHO WAS FROM ANOTHER MARRIAGE AFTER THE DEATH OF ISAAC SR.'S FIRST WIFE, DOROTHY STRINGER. ALL THESE CHILDREN ARE ALIVE AND WELL EXCEPT FOR TWO; LILLY MAE WHO DIED IN 1992/93 AND THE UNKNOWN SON WHO WOULD HAVE BEEN MY GRANDFATHER'S TWIN. THE REST OF THE LIVING CHILDREN ARE ALL RESIDING IN MIAMI, FLA. IN DADE COUNTY. THIS IS AS FAR BACK AS I CAN GO. YOU MAY HAVE TO COMPARE THIS TO YOUR INFO THAT YOU HAVE SO FAR AND PROBABLY GO SOME GENERATIONS BACK. THE LIST THAT I'VE GIVEN YOU GOES BACK 4 GENERATIONS. IF YOU CAN, PLEASE SEND ME A LIST OF NAMES THAT YOU HAVE. I CAN GO BACK TO OUR FAMILY HISTORIAN AND HAVE HER MATCH EVERYTHING UP. I'VE LEARNED THAT THEY'RE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE WITH THE LAST NAME STRINGER, BUT IT'S NOT A COMMON LAST NAME, SO THE SEARCH SHOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT. PLEASE GET BACK TO ME IF YOU CAN. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME.

Posted: 14 Aug 2000 1:02PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2005 9:12AM GMT
As far as you have gone back, is everyone
in Florida?

If that is the case, then I do not believe that we are
directly connected. I will hold on to your names if I
should run into any of them I will get ahold of you right away.

Good luck with your quest!

KM

Posted: 16 Aug 2000 8:01PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2005 9:13AM GMT
Riqueva. Thanks for your response. I understand what you are saying. None of the names you mentioned ring any bells. However, stay in touch. Maybe we can help each other down the line. My Stringers are very elusive prior to Green. Keep searching!

Dee (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2000 6:20PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2005 9:14AM GMT
I am also a Black female Stringer descendant. My grandmother is Louise Stringer, Her Father was William Stringer and her mother was Lucy Stringer. These Stringers resided in Charles County, Maryland, where there are still lots of Stringers. I have lots of family members there. Send me an email, maybe we'll dig up some more information to link us.

Thanks!
Dee

Allen William STRINGER

leah (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2001 10:05AM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2005 9:14AM GMT
hi dee dont know if related, i had a lucy sringer in family but i think it was by marriage to one of my uncles. last of the stringers are gone ecept one his name is allen william stringer, also he my mothers first cousin. for the record hes a jr

Ernest and Ruby Stringer of AL

Posted: 12 Jul 2004 11:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2005 9:15AM GMT
I am also an African American Stringer.My Father is George Stringer, born in Flattop Alabama. He is the child of Ernest and Ruby Stringer.They have 10 other children, some
who are in Birmingham, Alabama, Northern and Southern
California.With the exception of George, Ruby, and Jackie,
the Stringers in Oakland have changed the family name to
Nasssirruddin.

Posted: 22 Dec 2010 4:58PM GMT
Please contact me, as I am reserching Black Stringers. I have a lot of information, and I would love to share it. Sjtoldschool@aol.com.

Posted: 27 Dec 2010 3:57AM GMT
Hello. I am a Stringer. I currently live in Illinois. My father and mother are from Lula, MS.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions