Search for content in message boards

Georgia Convicts

Georgia Convicts

Posted: 7 Oct 2013 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is a Next Image page.
Line 1 - The date, 3/13/64 - should that post in Received section?

Thanks, PK
Attachments:

Re: Georgia Convicts

Posted: 7 Oct 2013 8:50PM GMT
Yes. Mar 13 1964. Be sure and key B for Black and W for White (key as seen). Except for the years since we are positive it is 1900's.

Karen

Posted: 8 Oct 2013 2:41AM GMT
Karen

How can you be positive from this example that it is the 1900s? I have only recently begun working on this project so maybe I am missing something but I don't see anything on this image such as an automobile crime that would tell me that this is 1964 versus 1864.

Debby

Posted: 8 Oct 2013 3:34AM GMT
My query too. Had added to this thread but deleted it & added questions to wiki discussion page.

Kerrie.

Posted: 8 Oct 2013 5:19PM GMT
Key the year as seen from the received date. The received date will typically be found in the "Date Received" column. Please only expand 2 digit years when reasonably certain of the century.

From 5 images you can ascertain which century it is. You are not pulling information from another image but looking for clues as to which century it is.

If someone doesn't feel comfortable keying a 4-digit year they don't have to. But I've done hundreds of these and I know which century it is.

Karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions