Search for content in message boards

Washington Camden Descendants

Washington Camden Descendants

Posted: 26 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: CAMDEN
Seeking to correspond with descendants of Washington and Nancy Duncan Camden of Rockbridge County. Their children were: John Duncan Camden (my 2nd ggrandfather), Sarah Elizabeth; Pamela, George W.; and Benjamin F.
Sylvia (SylviaCamdenRay@aol.com)

Re: Washington Camden Descendants

Posted: 21 Jul 2001 5:52PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2001 11:03PM GMT
Surnames: New, Camden, Noel
Don't have any information on your Washington Camden, however in tracking my NEW family in Rockbridge Co. Va, I found where my 4th G.Grandfather had land adjoining a Benjamin Camden. This was a Grant dated 9 September 1812 to a Benjamin Camden and a Benjamin Noel. Description of land: 180 acres on the waters of the North Fork of James River adjoining the lands of David Lytle, David New, and Henry Banks &c.
Source: Land Office Grants No. 63, 1812-1813 page 255
Library of Virginia Digital Collections, card #30. Note: this entry is listed under the name Benjamin Noel. Do you know if Benjamin Camden is your line? I'm trying to track the movement of my New's.
Thanks, and hope this info helps a little
Bette (New) Sousa
Carmichael, Ca.

Posted: 24 Jul 2001 10:06PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2003 7:36PM GMT
Hi Bette,

Yes, Benjamin Camden is my 4th G Grandfather. Please contact me at SylviaCamdenRay@aol.com

Sylvia

Posted: 5 Jan 2002 6:32PM GMT
Surnames: Camden,Hopkins, Shelton, Jones
Benjamin Camden, married to Elizabeth Wright, is also my 4th great grandfather. My 3rd great-grandfather is Marbel McPatrick Peter Camden. I did some research in Virginia and found Benjamin. There is at least 3 or 4 Marbels and I didn't find concrete proof that Benjamin is his father. Does anyone have family Bible info?I found Benjamin in Amherst and Rockbridge counties. I also found where a Benjamin helped to found a local Baptist Church in Rockbridge county.

Posted: 16 Jan 2002 8:26PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2003 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: Camden
Hi Linda,
I don't know of a family bible for this Camden family, have never seen any researchers note one. I have only begun research in Rockbridge documents but have found several land records and bonds for Benjamin Camden, Sr. In 1827 he was confined in the Rockbridge County jail for outstanding debts and planned to request relief of involvent debtors. A few months later in June 1827 there is a deed of trust for Benjamin Camden Jr. to Benjamin Camden Sr. against horses to secure debts. I'm trying to find out when Benjamin Sr. was released from jail! Apparently he died before the 1830 census was taken. What was the name of the church that Benjamin helped found? E-mail me at SylviaCamdenRay@aol.com and I'll give you the source sites for the documents mentioned above.
Sylvia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic