Search for content in message boards

"View Relationship to me" button not working

"View Relationship to me" button not working

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 9:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
When I click on the "View Relationship to me" button on many people in my tree, nothing happens - no error and no relationship displayed either. I have tried in my default browser Firefox 19.0.2 and in IE 9. Neither works. It seemed to work OK yesterday. I tried some other people in my tree and the relationship is updated and displayed as it
should.
I have sent a note to Ancestry.com support.
Barbara

Re: "View Relationship to me" button not working

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 10:13PM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2013 10:19PM GMT
Barbara...from another thread, a change for this feature is in the near-term cards...

http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.ancestry.membertree.member...

You may be experiencing some progress towards that end...however I just checked and it appears to be functioning normally within my trees.

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 2:40AM GMT
Their response came back very quickly:
---
Response Via Email (Jonathan) 03/15/2013 10:31 PM
Dear Barbara,

Thank you for contacting Ancestry.com in regard to the relationship calculator not working.

We are currently addressing the issue you are experiencing, and this will be corrected in the near future. Feedback from you, our valued customer, helps us correct errors and improve the website. Your patience and efforts to assist us in this matter are appreciated.

When you like Ancestry on Facebook, you will receive tips and updates to your own Facebook account.

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to reply to this message or contact us by phone at 1-800-ANCESTRY (1-800-262-3787) from 10am to 10pm EST, Monday through Sunday.

Best regards,

Jonathan
Customer Solutions Associate
Ancestry.com
http://ancestry.custhelp.com/

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 3:14AM GMT
Form letter

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 2:37PM GMT
It seems to work for my direct lines but not if it is my husbands. I am the home person.

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 2:39PM GMT
Since I am the home person, it seems to give me my relationships but not those that occur through my husband.

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 2:49PM GMT
The ones I noticed yesterday were also on my husband's side. Just now I clicked on a married couple who are on my father's side only one generation back. The man's gave the relationship after a while; his wife's will not.

Barbara

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 3:25PM GMT
According to the instructions, it is only looking for the most direct relationship:
"Relationship Calculator Help

How it works - The relationship calculator quickly finds the most direct relationship between you and someone in your tree. After it has been calculated, the relationship and the relationship path will be stored for easy reference.

Recalculate - If you change any relationships to a person who has had the relationship calculated you will need to select the recalculate link located in the upper right hand corner."

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 5:33PM GMT
Same with me. It only recently started to happen. Not sure if related but I recently loaded Family Tree Maker program.

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 11:45PM GMT
It seems to be working again now for me so maybe they fixed whatever was happening.

Barbara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions