Search for content in message boards

Gaspard,Bordelon,Sayes,Hayes of Avoyelles Parish, LA.

Gaspard,Bordelon,Sayes,Hayes of Avoyelles Parish, LA.

Posted: 22 Apr 2002 11:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Nov 2002 1:35AM GMT
Surnames: Gaspard, Bordelon, Sayes, Hayes
According to Sybil Gaspard, who married Douglas Hayes in Avoyelles Parish, her father was Florence Gaspard and her mother was Nita Sarah Sayes.

Her paternal grandfather and grandmother were Lawrence Gaspard and Ida Morace. Her maternal grandfather and grandmother were Felix Sayes and Rosa Bordelon. All of Avoyelles Parish.

Nita Sayes was born November 11, 1891 and died in August 1967 at Marksville, Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana. The dates for her husband, Florence Gaspard, should be similar - I do not have those.

Sybil Gaspard was born April 29, 1928 and has five siblings: 1) Addie Gaspard marr. Mitchell Lachney 2) Mary Gaspard marr. Elphise Lachney 3) Daisy Gaspard marr. Edwise Bernard 4) Nora Gaspard marr. Herse Dauzat 5) Winston Gaspard marr. Betty Bordelon

Six children in all, counting Sybil. Sybil is my sister's mother-in-law (Viola Cirilo Hayes <viola@cirilo.net>). Sybil is our source for her parents, grandparents and siblings. We are trying to document all.

I would appreciate any help with this line! Thank you!

Lotus Cirilo - lotus@cirilo.net - lotus@kricket.net
http://www.tarver-genealogy.net

Re: Gaspard, Bordelon, Sayes, Hayes of Avoyelles Parish, La

Clifford Normand (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2002 11:03PM GMT
Edited: 2 Nov 2002 1:36AM GMT
There is a record of Ida MORAS (MORASS, OR MORASSE) M. Felix GASPARD, Nov. 3 1896. Could this be the same couple?

Morace could easily be "Moras." Are the dates close?

Re: Gaspard, Bordelon, Sayes, Hayes of Avoyelles Parish, La

Posted: 24 Apr 2002 2:15AM GMT
Edited: 2 Nov 2002 1:37AM GMT
Surnames: Gaspard, Sayes, Morass
The dates actually are close.

I'm guessing Florence Gaspard, the son of Ida Morace and Lawrence Gaspard, would be born sometime around 1891 give or take, as the woman he married, Nita Sarah Sayes, was born Nov. 1891.

I think the oldest child of Nita Sayes and Florence Gaspard was born 1914, which would make a father born circa 1897 about 17 / 18 ... workable. I would not want to place him younger, but couldn't actually rule that out.

That's figuring marriages occurred before births (not always the case) ... Assuming Lawrence is the oldest child, his parents could have married as late as Nov. 1896 - the date you have located for the marriage Ida Moras and Felix Gaspard.

I'd say it is a potential match. I appreciate your response!

Re: Gaspard, Bordelon, Sayes, Hayes of Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana

Posted: 13 Aug 2002 5:48AM GMT
Edited: 17 Oct 2002 7:39AM GMT
am interested as to who was ROSA BORDEON she appears as a mourner at my gdmt EMMA AGALE VOORHIES DEWAILLY' funeral in 1959, also anyone knows of a ZEON A. BORDELON, CELESTINE AND PRUDENT BORDELON. THEY are connected to both the DEWAILLY and VOORHIES families. also INEZ/AZNIA/ BAUDIN my gt gdmtr md to EDMUND EUGENE DEWAILLY born in FR. they were md in BIG BEND, LA.TKS, MAGGIE

Baudin of Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana

Posted: 13 Aug 2002 5:54AM GMT
Edited: 17 Oct 2002 7:39AM GMT
looking for info on LOUIS IGNACE BAUDIN, md MARIE ANNE MAYTHIEU OF AVOYELLES PR. No dates, his son BARTHOHELM md MARIE ANNE MAYTHIEU, their dau. was INEZ /ANZIA/ BAUDIN md to EDMUND EUGENE DEWAILLY OF FR. TKS. MAGS

Re: Gaspard,Bordelon,Sayes,Hayes of Avoyelles Parish, LA.

Posted: 12 Dec 2002 4:31PM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2004 3:57PM GMT
Can you please let me know if the families listed above were African-American or if there were any bloodlines of Choctaw-Cherokee descent. I'm looking for a Myrtle Lee Hayes, born probabaly early 1900's and died around the fall of 1931 after giving birt. She was living in Morgan City, PA at that time. Please e-mail me with any information that you may have. I'm trying to find out where she is buried.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions