Search for content in message boards

About Creek Nation

About Creek Nation

Myra Vanderpool Gormley (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
If your ancestors (Creeks, blacks, whites, other Native American tribes or mixed-bloods) were in Creek Nation, Indian Territory ca 1866-1907, include the exact location of residence, if known. While there were non-Indians in the Creek Nation, IT prior to ca 1890, records about them, such as permission to reside in the nation will be found in the Creek Nation's records. It helps to know the geographic area of what was the Creek Nation at the time your family lived there. See "Historical Atlas of Oklahoma" and "Oklahoma, 1890" in the "Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920," by Thorndale and Dollarhide.

For best results include the surname(s) of your ancestors, plus when and where they resided in Creek Nation, plus their ethnic background. If your families did not reside in this area (Creek Nation) until after 1907 (Oklahoma statehood), please post your queries at the appropriate Oklahoma county's web page.

Good luck!

ancestors in kellyville

nashoba dubose (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ROBINSON, ROBISON, BOSTON

I have beem searching for information on the
following ancestors: JOHN HENRY ROBINSON/ROBISON
born to LIZZIE BOSTON and SAMUEL H ROBINSON/ROBISON
on SEPTEMBER 13 1889/90 in KELLYVILLE I.T.

I have located a LIZZIE BOSTON on the rolls of the
IDENTIFIED MISSISSIPPI CHOCTAW...but without any
connection to SAMUEL OR JOHN HENRY.... I am at my
wits end I cannot comprehend that there seems to be
no written word for these people in exisiting
records... JOHN
HENRY... my mothers father is listed as "indian" on
her birth certificate ...he always represented
himself as such.. but he was seperated from his
family as years went by.. my mother.. his only
living child was not old enough to recall any nation
he identified himself with... he came to new york
with the MILLER BRO 101 RANCH and remained here
.... prior to that .. he ran cattle to TOPEKA from
BRISTOW.... do you have any direction for me?

robinson

sdoolin7dj@aol.com (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2005 9:10AM GMT
Surnames: robinson
i really do't know ant more except that my great grand ma was a langford whose dad died in the cival war her mom remarried a robinson now her son eddy was a cow hand and my dad can remember him and he rode with my great grand pa wallace marion doolin as a drober and they were all from bristow kellyville area

DUBOSE

Vonda Norwood (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2002 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: Dubose, Warren, Norwood, Powell
John NORWOOD b.1749/50 Society Hill, Darlington, Sc d. June 20, 1826 Darlington Co, Sc m. Mary Martha (DUBOSE) WARREN (DUBOSE is Mary's mother's maiden name) b. 1755 Darlington Co, Sc d. August 3, 1831 Darlington Co., Sc
Mary WARREN is the daughter of Martha DUBOSE OR DEBOSE and John WARREN. Her brothers were - Issac and John WARREN.
Does anyone recognize this DUBOSE family?
vpooh65@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions