Search for content in message boards

Goude Cemetery

Goude Cemetery

mike (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2001 4:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Aug 2001 3:13AM GMT
Surnames: Goude
Does anyone have any information on the goude family cemetery.

Re: Goude Cemetery

Posted: 23 Apr 2002 9:16PM GMT
Tombstone inscriptions from the Goude Family Cemetery (along with several other cemeteries) have just been added to the Georgetown GenWeb site. We now have the tombstone inscriptions for 46 cemeteries on the site, that's over 4100 records! You can see them at http://www.rootsweb.com/~scgeorge/index.html - just click on Cemeteries/Tombstones.

Posted: 28 Apr 2008 1:21AM GMT
Surnames: Goude, Powers
I just recently located the Goude Cemetery where my Powers ancestors are buried. If you would like to find it I will try to help. You can contact me at djames10@roadrunner.comG
I am also trying to determine if you Powers ancestors had any link with the Goudes.

Posted: 14 May 2008 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: POWERS, BARFIELD, WINDHAM, CRIBB
Levi and Massie (Barfield) Powers were my great(x3)grandparents through their son William Evans Powers and Margaret (Cribb) Powers. The Cribb and the Goude family were related to each other. Some of the Powers family is buried in Hucks Field.

How are you related to Levi and Massie Powers?
-donna

Posted: 21 Jun 2008 5:06PM GMT
Hi Donna. Levi and Massie were my great-great-grandparents. My great grandfather was Evans Powers' brother, Barfield Levi Powers and Sarah Bath Powers. It's nice to find distant relatives I never knew. I live in Marion, SC where Levi and Massie were living in the early 1800's. I've traced my line back to Levi and Massie but haven't found any tracing before that. Do you have info?

Doris

Posted: 5 Jul 2008 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: Powers, Cribb
Could we be related???

My Powers line....

Michele Martina (me) 1974

father
David Early Powers 1950
brother Olin Levi Powers 1943-2003

grandfather
Olin Andrews Powers 1913-1964
married Fleta Powers -2003

great grandfather (paternal)
Levi Powers
married Lou Belle Cribb, daughter of Robert Cribb
unknown other children

From what I can gather (without subscribing to a service) is that Olin Levi and Lou Belle were counted on the 1930 census in Georgetown, SC... I haven't found Levi on there.

There is a Levi Powers born in/about 1878 married to A.L. on the 1930 census... could this be Levi's father? Possible bother is William Nathan Powers (b1845) with a father being Barfield Levi Powers... With Barfield having a brother listed as Evans Power who married Sarah Bath.

Any help would be greatly appriciated. I have only been doing research for about two weeks and I will subscribe to a service eventually, at theis point I do not want to put money on a service that will not provide the info i need, so I am trying a few different ones to get a feel for them.

BTW, The Powers line I come from are in Robeson County, NC

Michele
trbotina@aol.com

Posted: 5 Jul 2008 9:53PM GMT
Surnames: Powers, Cribb
Could we be related???
My Powers line....
Michele Martina (me) 1974
father
David Early Powers 1950
brother Olin Levi Powers 1943-2003
grandfather
Olin Andrews Powers 1913-1964
married Fleta Powers -2003
great grandfather (paternal)
Levi Powers
married Lou Belle Cribb, daughter of Robert Cribb
unknown other children
From what I can gather (without subscribing to a service) is that Olin Levi and Lou Belle were counted on the 1930 census in Georgetown, SC... I haven't found Levi on there.
There is a Levi Powers born in/about 1878 married to A.L. on the 1930 census... could this be Levi's father? Possible bother is William Nathan Powers (b1845) with a father being Barfield Levi Powers... With Barfield having a brother listed as Evans Power who married Sarah Bath.
Any help would be greatly appriciated. I have only been doing research for about two weeks and I will subscribe to a service eventually, at theis point I do not want to put money on a service that will not provide the info i need, so I am trying a few different ones to get a feel for them.

BTW, The Powers line I come from are in Robeson County, NC

Michele
trbotina@aol.com

Posted: 27 Aug 2013 11:15PM GMT
Hi Michele, do you happen to be related to Davy Tagie Powers? He is my father, that I have been trying to locate since I was in high school. My mother is Crystal Powers, they use to live in North Carolina. Any information would be helpful!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic