Search for content in message boards

Bingham - Poindexter

Bingham - Poindexter

Pam (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BINGHAM, WRIGHT, POINDEXTER
Searching for any information regarding Julia Ann Bingham, b.1808, d. bef.1870, married on November 9, 1929 in Lynchburg, Va. to Garland Poindexter, b. May 22, 1805 in Bedford Co., Va., d. April 15, 1875 (son of Capt. Samuel Jacob Poindexter and Sarah "Sallie" Garth). Julia Ann Bingham and Garland Poindexter made their home in Amherst, Virginia and their children were: Bettie A. Poindexter, Garland H. Poindexter, Frances A. Poindexter, Stephen Poindexter and ? Poindexter. Julia Ann Bingham was the sister of William "George" Bingham m. Martha Jane Wright, Mary Bingham m. Henry H. Meredith, Martha M. Bingham m. William Shands, Elizabeth G. Bingham m. George Kemp Lambeth and Anna Maria Bingham m. ? Dudley .... could be more siblings. Also would like to learn the names of Julia's parents, etc. Many thanks.

Re: Bingham - Poindexter

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 8:31PM GMT
Did you ever learn Julia's parents names? They were Stephen Bingham and Ann Gaines. My tree has most of the line which came from a handwritten memoir by Gustavus Adolphus Rose Meredith Julia's nephew in 1876. It is housed at the Wilson Library at UNC-Chapel Hill. I have the transcript of it if you want to read it.

Tim McKay
tim@timmckay.com

Re: Bingham - Poindexter

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 12:25AM GMT
Hi Tim,

Wow ... this sure was a blast from the past! I researched this a long time ago and have it all. Also have a copy of Guss's journal. I went to the University at Chapel Hill and had it in my hands! :o)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic