Search for content in message boards

Coat of Arms

Coat of Arms

Gord Bedingfield (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2002 4:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bedingfield
Can anyone post a link to a Coat of Arms for the Bedingfield name, or provide me with a copy?

Thanks...
Gord Bedingfield
Victoria, BC, Canada

Re: Coat of Arms

Patty Benefield (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2002 4:05AM GMT
Did you ever get a copy of your Coat of Arms? I have one for the Bedingfield line. I'm from the Needham Bedingfield who was married to Mary N. Rogers.

Gord Bedingfield (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2002 6:12AM GMT
No I didn't ever get a copy. I would appreciate a look at it, if you can provide me with one.

thanks...Gord

Posted: 2 Apr 2008 1:51AM GMT
Surnames: Bedingfield
Hello Gord Bedingfield,
I don't have a Bedingfield coat of arms (hope your search was successful, though) but am replying to your post on the off-chance we might be from the same branch of the Bedingfield tree. I've been able to trace my descent, on my father's side, from one John Bedingfield (c. 1690 - 1736/37) and his wife, Elizabeth Reeve who were married in 1714, in Suffolk, England. My father was born in Yorkshire, England in 1905 and came to Canada as a young child, with his family, in 1911. If this sounds like it might be your branch, I'd like to hear from you.
Kathy, from Victoria, B.C.

Posted: 18 May 2008 2:30PM GMT
Surnames: Beddingfield; Bedingfield
This is a picture of a Beddingfield Coat of Arms that came with a certificate my parents had framed in their home. According to the certificate, the shield was drawn drawn by a heraldic artist from information officially recorded in ancient heraldic archives found in Burke's General Armory.

When translated, the Arms description is:

"Ermine; a red eagle displayed."

Above the shield and helmet is the Crest which is described as:

"A unicorn's head erased sa. the horn wreathed or and air."

A translation of the Crest description is:
"A black unicorn's head, jagged, the horn wreathed gold and silver."

Family mottos are believed to have originated as battle cries in medieval times. A Motto was not recorded with the Beddingfield Coat of Arms.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic