I am researching my Hamblin ancestors
I am in reciept of about five Hamblin family ancestral trees going back to about 1600 - 1700. Two of them from Australia.
My own branch of the Hamblin tree originated in Ipswich, Suffolk, and the earliest record I have is of one George Hamlyn being apprenticed to a Butcher, Owin Jolly. George became a Freeman of Ipswich m 1621 as have the majority of the generations since. The Hamblin family were quite wealthy land and ship owners, as their wills testify and had large families.
For my own part I am looking at filling in the gaps in my own tree and it is possible that you may be able to furnish me with some information. In particular I am looking for decendants of the following:-
- George born 1666 son of Samuel Hamblin and Elizabeth, he had two brothers Samuel and Robert.
- Robert born 1722 son to Robert and Sarah Grimwood
- Samuel born about 1700 son of Samuel Hamblin and 1 st wife Alice, he died in 1764. Peter born about 1719 son of Samuel Hamblin and 2nd wife Lydia, step brother to Samuel above.
- Joseph born about 1740 son of Joseph Hamblin and Marther Fisher. - Samuel christened 13/7/1760 son of William Hamblin and Sarah
- John son to George and Esther Smith had three brothers George (died young), Samuel, and George. John was made a freeman l8th April 1754.
- George son the George and Esther Smith brother to John above. Was made freeman l8th April 1754.
- Samuel born 1783, son of Samuel Hamblin and Sarah Rust.
- George born about 1785 son of George Hamblin and Sarah, made freeman in 1806. - Samuel born abo~xt 1797 son of George Hamblin and Sarah, made freeman in 1818. - Samuel born about 1820 son of Robert Hamblin and Ann
- John born 1809, son of John Easto Hamblin and Sarah Carter
- William born 181 1, son of John Easto Hamblin and Sarah Carter - Henry born 1826, son of John Easto Hamblin and Sarah Carter
- George Benjamin born 1834 son of Bejamin Garway Hamblin and Sarah Ann.
- Fredrick John Easto born 1851, son of George Hamblin and Albenia Hart Bagshot
Although I am concentrating on the HAMBLIN name, where possible when a female HAMBLIN has married I have tried to fill in as many names as possible.