Search for content in message boards

Parents of Marisha Janke; photo probably cerca mid 1800's

Parents of Marisha Janke; photo probably cerca mid 1800's

Posted: 26 Jan 2008 1:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Janke, Hornak
The attatched photo is of the parents of my Grandmother, Marisha(Mary) Janke born aprox. 1891. She lived in Milwaukee most of her life and her married name was Hornak just for the record. She immigrated to the USofA around the age of 16 after a brother Joseph? I believe..

I have no idea what the names of her parents are! So basically I know what they look like, but not who they are..maybe there are some relatives out there who recognize the photo?
Attachments:

Re: Parents of Marisha Janke; photo probably cerca mid 1800's

Posted: 26 Jan 2008 1:41AM GMT
Shoot she's my great-Grandmother just to clarify.

Posted: 18 Mar 2008 6:44PM GMT
LivinTheHylife

About what year did she Marisha/Maris^a/Mary - Maria come to US? Did you look in Ellis Island website?
www.ellisislandrecords.org
The spelling of HORNAK in old country depends on the religion. It can be HORNAK or HORN^AK - which during Hungary rule was HORNYAK.
Family went to family in the old days. The godparents surnames could be holding a clue as to the location in "old country".
No W in Slovak alphabet. The English Y is a J sound in Slovak.
What does the 1930 census say: Na-naturalized, Al-alien or Pa-first paper? Which ever, follow up. If not naturalized but lived pass 1940 than an Alien Registration Form which should have a place of birth.
www.iarelative.com
http://genforum.com
http://slovakia.eunet.sk

Posted: 9 Apr 2011 4:42PM GMT
My Grandma aunts and uncles are all on your list Edward L. Hornak was my Father deceased Rudolph Borik deceased Helen Kubiak deceased March 2011 Eugene Hornak deceased March 2011 Joe Hornak deceased date unknown would like to E-mail you ASAP Pls contact me
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions