Search for content in message boards

Mears

Posted: 14 Sep 2000 5:56PM GMT
Edited: 11 Apr 2002 1:16AM GMT
My great grand parents were Bertram Mears and Mary Catherine Ellingsworth. My grandmother Virginia C Mears was born Aug.12,1878 in Stokley,Del. Gr.Virginia married Seymour Clifton Downs in 1900 in Millsboro,Del.
Appreciate any information as I'm trying to
go back several generations.

Thanks,
Ann B

Mears Family

Nancy Ellen Mears Brady (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2000 10:24PM GMT
I, too, am searching for ancestors. My father was Thomas Gerard Mears, born in Wheeling, WVA in 1921. His father was Thomas Elmer Mears DOB unknown. His mother was Bernadette Shields DOB: 1897 in Grafton WVA. I was told Thomas Elmer Mears' father (or grandfather) came from Ireland with the name of O'Mears and dropped the "O" for obvious reasons. An uncle of Thomas Elmer Mears went to live in Australia. Thomas Elmer Mears had several brothers and sisters. I can only remember the names Catherine, Mary and Irvin. Don't know much about Catherine, but I know that Mary had lived in Elm Grove, WVA and married a Meyers. Her son, I believe, is or was living in the Columbus, Ohio area and is or was an architect. His name is "Bud", but don't know the proper first name. He had several children (I know only one name A. J) Could be Albert (and now that I think about it, Bud may be Albert, Sr.). The other sibling I remember of Thomas Elmer was Irvin Mears, who worked for Continental Can company in Pittsburgh, PA.

mears

norma jean mears/ mother erma mears (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2001 8:52AM GMT
when reading your message the catherine lookes familiar but to be sure do you have a norma jean mears in your family her father was william mears they did not get along very well, the both passed without speaking.
i was looking for imformation on her mother
since her mother was known to die when she was 9 years old. but cannot find anything on her mother without the help of my great grandfathers family.any information would be appreciated and maybe i have some for you.
Posted: 14 Jan 2001 4:26PM GMT
Edited: 11 Apr 2002 1:16AM GMT
Sorry to have been so long in answering but had computer problems.
The hand written information I have from a relative says my grandmother Virginia Mears was born 1878 in Stokley, Del.
Her parents were Bertram Mears and Mary Catherine Ellingsworth.
The infomation I have says Bertram was married before and had three children Norris, Thomas and Jane.
I can't go back any farther but will keep trying.Hope this has helped in some way. Let me know if you receive this.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions