Search for content in message boards

Klube

Posted: 14 Apr 2008 1:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Klube, Krug, Ritter, Straub, Bauer
Looking for any info on Carl Klube. He was born in Saxony, Germany, c 1882 and came to US in 1900. In 1920 Census, he was listed as hotel proprietor in Manhattan. He married Agnes ? and had at least one son, Charles Klube, born c 1910. He was a Mason. I have not been able to find any other info, or even a death for him. ny help anyone could be would be appreciated very much.
Also looking for info on Helen Krug, who was daughter of Adolph Krug and Marie Hartel Ritter. Helen married Emil Straub and then Charles Bauer.
Thank you. Wendy Harper Orlando, FL
Posted: 15 Apr 2008 1:36AM GMT
Hi Wendy
I did soon searching for you and have found the following things for you
1910 census
1920 census
1930 census
Marriage record
U.S.Passport Applications
New York Passengers List for Carl and Agnes
Naturalizatio Petitin Index
S.S.Death Index for Charles(son) and Agnes (wife)
so far no death for Carl

If you email me at
witz4 at msn dot com
I'll send you all the copies and information
Nancy
Posted: 15 Apr 2008 2:53AM GMT
Hello. Here's a few things.

New York City Bride and Groom Index
Klinger - Agnes, Apr 19 1908, Manhattan, cert # 8346
Klube - Charles A., Apr 19 1908, Manhattan, cert # 8346

Dupre - Edith B., *Nov 21'35 1936, Manhattan, cert # 822
Klube - Charles H., Nov 21'35 1936, Manhattan, cert # 822
*means event took place Nov 21, 1935 but was recorded in 1936.

New York Times
Aug 8, 1954, page 85
KLINGER - Adam J., on Aug 7, devoted husband of Emily (nee Salterbach), loving father of Mrs. Thelma Brenfleck, brother of Henry Klinger and Mrs. Agnes Klube, grandfather of Miss Mary Anne Brenfleck. Services to be held at Skelly & Larney Funeral Home, 222 East 31st. St., New York City, on Monday at 2 P.M. Interment Fairview Mausoluem, New Jersey, at 3:15 P.M. Please omit flowers.

New York Times
June 26, 1956
page 28
KLINGER - Henry, on June 24, 1956, beloved husband of Minna, brother of Agnes Klube, Christina Brandstetter and Rosina Scheuring. Service at Frank E. Campbell, "The Funeral Church", Madison Ave. at 81 Street. Wednesday, June 27, at 8 P.M. Interment Woodlawn Cemetery on Thursday. Please omit flowers.

New York Times
Jan 21, 1962, page 84
Carol Ann Klube Is Bride.
The marriage of Miss Carol Ann Klube, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Carl Klube of Forest Hills Queens, and Harriman N.Y., to Fredrich Wolfgang Finger 3d of the Navy took place here yesterday morning. The bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Finger, Jr. of Louisville, Ky. The Rev. Michael C. Conroy performed the ceremony in Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Roman Catholic Church in Forest Hills.

New York Times
Jan 18, 1965, page 35
KLUBE - Agnes, on Jan 15, 1965, wife of the late Carl August Klube, devoted mother of Carl Henry Klube, loving grandmother of Carol Ann Finger and Richard L. Klube. Service at Frank E. Campbell, Madison Ave. at 81st St., on Tuesday, 11:30 A.M.

New York Times
Jan 10, 1953, page 14
... Carl H. Klube, owner of Kube's German- Style Restaurant, 156 East Twenty-third Street, remembered with enthusiasm the marrow dumplings that were made in Germany but he admitted it had been a long time since he had tasted any .....

New York Times
Apr 17, 1950, page 20
It's Potato Pancake Day.
Potatoes are like the weather always with us, and at Klube's 156 East Twenty-third Street, potato pancakes are on the menu every Monday, and have been for forty years, in combination with boeuf a la mode. Carl H. Klube provides the venerable recipe in proportions for ten pancakes - a lot perhaps, but they disappear with celerity.
Potato Pancakes Klube
2 cups grated raw potato
1/2 small onion, grated
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup flour
Dash nutmeg
1 egg
1. Mix all ingredients
2. Drop by large spoonfuls into
hot shallow fat. Brown on one
side, turn and brown on second
side. Yield: about ten pancakes.

New York Times
Jan 14, 1950, page 10
... Hans Nitzsche, who's been chef at Klube's a homey little German restaurant at 158 East Twenty-third Street, for twenty-three years, is noted among sportsman for the things he does with a saddle of vension ....
...Vension recipe...
Posted: 15 Apr 2008 12:13PM GMT
A little more history and an indication that perhaps Carl Sr. died even before 1959.

New York City - The Old Time Restaurants
( Originally Published 1959 )

Klube's, 156 E. 23rd St., is still another oldtime German restaurant, housed in a building that is 116 years old. At the time of its 95th anniversary, in 1956, there had always been an eating place at that address for 75 years. Originally, it was Klube & Klinger's. Mr. Klinger's sister Agnes married Carl Klube and she is still the food checker there, a position usual in many continental restaurants but rare in New York. Now operated by Carl H. Klube (son of Carl and Agnes).

Re: Klube marriages Ny City

Posted: 29 Apr 2008 8:00PM GMT
Here is the data from Manhattan marriages 1908 number 8346:
Groom= Carl August Klube, age 26, waiter, born in Cilleda, Thuringen, Germany. Father= Carl August klube Mother= Anna Therese Risler
Bride= Agnes Klinger, age 21, born in Weizhschlein, Germany. Father= Carl Klinger mother= Margaret Eaimerling
Married April 19, 1908.

Manhattan marriages 1936 number 822.
Groom= Charles Henry Klube, age 26, born in Bronx, NY
Father= Carl A. Mother= Agnes Klinger
Bride= Edith B. Dupre, age 27, born in New Orleans, LA. Father= John R. Mother= Marie Lartique
Married at the Municipal Building on November 21, 1935

Re: Klube

Posted: 29 Mar 2009 5:37PM GMT
much of the information is incorrect. what is the interest in my great grandfather and grandfather
Posted: 9 Jan 2012 10:11PM GMT
Thank you for posting all of your information on the Klinger Klube's. I have been researching the Klinger's for years and kept hitting road blocks, I knew Henry Agnes' brother was a butcher and Henry, and Joseph were Nephews of my Great Great Grandmother, but that was it. Agnes was named for her grandmother Agnes Klinger wife of Adamus Jacobus Klinger, born in Bavaria. Thanks for the information, Henry and Carl Klube ran a Hotel together in 1912 before Henry broke off to start his butcher shop. Klinger and Koester had a huge shop with sometimes as many as 12 butchers working there. My Mom and Uncle both remember going there and getting slices of bologna as a treat. Thanks again.

Posted: 1 Aug 2012 11:47AM GMT
Carl August Klube did have two brothers left behind in Germany: Robert Richard Klube and Hermann Klube.
Both got killed in WW 1.
Robert R. Klube left two Sons behind: Hermann, born in 1912 and Richard, born in 1915. I#m the younger Son of Richard.
My name is Peter. I would be happy to get in contact to one of the Klube successors in US.

My mail address: peterklube@web.de

Waiting for your reply.

Peter Klube

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 3:45PM GMT
My name is Ron Klube, I'm from NY, US. My father's name was Richard Klube and my Grandfather was Carl Klube.

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 7:34PM GMT
Hi Peter,
My name is Ronald Klube. My father was Richard Klube, my grandfather was Carl Klube. His mother I believe was Agnes Klube. I received a letter from you regarding the Anna Ritter's will and a letter she wrote in 1942. I would like for you to send me anything you have regarding this. My address is 4 Cristin Court, Bloomimgburgh, NY 12721. I understand I am the successor and the only male Klube left in the family since my dad died in 1980 and my granfather in 1992. I look forward to receiving this information.

Thank You,
Ronald Klube.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic