Search for content in message boards

yokoyama surname

yokoyama surname

Posted: 14 Feb 2007 8:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: yokoyama
looking for yokoyama surname from japan message board. does anyone knows? thank you

Re: yokoyama surname

Posted: 16 Apr 2007 3:08AM GMT
Surnames: Yokoyama,Mawae
I have Yokoyama,Heji -m- Hainaulu Kaikuahine Mawae.Any relation? I do not have birthdates,thats is what I am researching for at this time.

Posted: 3 Oct 2007 7:20PM GMT
Surnames: Yokoyama, Mizugai, Mawae
My maternal grandfather is a Yokoyama, but their last name
was changed from Mizugai through a custom called "yoshi",
where the male changes his last name to the wife's family
name. I also know of a Russell Mawae, who's mother is from
Japan (don't know what prefecture).

Posted: 3 Oct 2007 11:48PM GMT
So original name was Mizugai and changed to Yokoyama? I have marriage certificate of Heji Yokoyama -m- Hainaulu Kapaau Mawae.I do not have a Russel Mawae but maybe they are all connected in some way. I know Heji Yokoyama passed on 2/13/1926.Is your grandfather related to Heji Yokoyama?Thanks

Posted: 4 Oct 2007 12:25AM GMT
I don't know of a Heji Yokoyama. My grandfather was
born in Fukushima, Japan and he had two brothers that I know of. One went to Brazil and the other died in the relocation camp, Manzanar.

Posted: 4 Oct 2007 12:33AM GMT
Is Russell Mawae in your family tree?Yokoyama is listed in the 1920 U.S. Census,Nahiku,Maui,HI.Yokoyama birthplace-Japan,japanese speaking.Is it possible that Yokoyama name was different prior to immigration to Hawaii? Thanks for your help.

Posted: 4 Oct 2007 1:00AM GMT
I worked with Russell Mawae but, I don't believe he is in my family tree. Our Yokoyama name change was prior to immigration to Hawaii, back in the 1800's. Our family is not from Nahiku, Maui.

Heiji YOKOYAMA marries H MAWAE

Posted: 14 Jul 2012 2:36AM GMT
Aloha Nahoapili1,

My nephews are R Alejado QUISQUIRIN and M Alejado QUISQUIRIN. Their great great grandfather was Heiji YOKOYAMA. If you would like to meet or "talk story," then feel free to email me at bjquisquirin@yahoo.com.

BTW2, I'm researching their ALESNA family line, also.

Bryan

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions