Search for content in message boards

Fowlkes/Cobb in 1880 - Rehoboth

Fowlkes/Cobb in 1880 - Rehoboth

Posted: 13 May 2007 4:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have information or this line in their history?
In the 1880 census is a S.A. Fowlkes age 29 (b. 1851) wife M.P (Cobb) age 24 and 4 children, M.P, L.C. B.C. (Benjamin Cobb Fowlkes) and S.A. Fowlkes?

Re: Fowlkes/Cobb in 1880 - Rehoboth

Posted: 13 May 2007 8:17PM GMT
Samuel Augustus Fowlkes (1850-1900) married Mary Pinkie Cobb (both are buried in Selma, AL) Children:
Benjamin Cobb Fowlkes(1877 - 1933)
S.A. Fowlkes, Jr. (1879 - 1934)
A.E. Fowlkes
Matelyn Fowlkes
James Young Fowlkes (1884 - 1922)
Mamie Fowlkes (Mary Pinkie?)
Lucille Cobb Fowlkes (1875 - 1907)

Posted: 13 May 2007 8:48PM GMT
This is awesome. There are pictures up for auction on Lucille Cobb Fowlkes and others in that family. Could be more than 8 pictures. Sure hate to see that lost to any Fowlkes researchers.

Posted: 13 Nov 2007 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: fowlkes
Obviously I'm 5 months late on this, but can you tell me the source of the pictures to which you referred?

Thanks

Posted: 14 Nov 2007 12:04PM GMT
There was a man that bought an antique photo album at an auction. It was the Fowlkes - Cobb family. He was selling the photos on Ebay. So I tried to find descendants so the pictures could be back in the hands of family. Which I did and I think they bid on most all of them and won.

Posted: 14 Nov 2007 12:20PM GMT
If I remember correctly the pictures were of Mary Pinkie cobb Fowlkes and her children. One of Benjamin Fowlkes There was also a picture John Westly White (a methodist minister in wilcox co.) and his wife Anne Briggs Cobb. Seems like there were 8 at first then more, but after I found him I quit watching it on Ebay so not sure how many he bought. The man that bought the album said he didn't want the pictures and I believe it was the Cobb family album. Are you related to this family? I have more info on it. It is not mine line.

Posted: 14 Nov 2007 2:12PM GMT
Surnames: Fowlkes
Yes ... Samuel Augustus Fowlkes & Mary Pinkie Cobb Fowlkes were my great grandparents... Alpheus E (A E) Fowlkes, my grandfather.

Thanks!

Posted: 14 Nov 2007 11:09PM GMT
I'm Elizabeth Anne Fowlkes (age 48). My father is Benjamin Cobb Fowlkes III (age 81). His father was Benjamin Cobb Fowlkes Jr. and was married to Anne Lauderdale. I believe my father was born in Selma Alabama. I'm in California. Do ya think we are of same blood line? I bet so.

Posted: 15 Nov 2007 12:31PM GMT
Yes. I'm sure of it. Though you and I are about the same age (I'm 52), your great grandfather and my grandfather (Alpheus Edward Fowlkes) were brothers. Your father and I are 2nd cousins, thus you and I are 2nd cousins "once removed". Small world.

Vernon Fowlkes Jr.
Alabama

Posted: 15 Nov 2007 4:00PM GMT
Did the gentleman with the picture contact you? He also lives in Alabama.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions