Search for content in message boards

Peyton & Nancy Glover-NC & Ala.

Peyton & Nancy Glover-NC & Ala.

Posted: 30 Jun 2001 8:33PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Glover, Bunn
My GGGrandparents, Peyton & Nancy Bunn Glover were reported to have died accidently in Alabama 1840--1845. They moved from NC to Ala about 1840. Their son, Josiah H. Glover, came back to live with his maternal grandparents, Bud & Nancy Bunn in Wake Co., NC in 1845. I would like to know the details of Peyton & Nancy's death if anyone can help. My e-mail is brucehwoodard@aol.com

Re: Peyton & Nancy Glover-NC & Ala.

Posted: 12 Mar 2002 6:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Glover, Bunn, O'Neal, Smith
Peyton & Nancy Glover are my GGGG-grandparents. I descend thru Josiah & Armenia Glover's son James Peyton Glover. I don't have any info on the Alabama connection. This seems to be a stumbling block. Any info you have would be appreciated.
Thanks, Teresa

Posted: 14 Mar 2002 9:13PM GMT
Hi Teresa;
Josiah and Armenia Bunn Glover were my GGgrandparents. Their daughter Nancy Ann who married James Henry Hales was my my great grandmother. She stayed in our home some after my grandfather Hales died.
Josiah's parents were Peyton & Nancy Bunn Glover. The story handed down was that Peyton & Nancy moved to Ala..They apparently both died before 1845 since Budd Bunn of Wake County, NC , Josiah's maternal grandfather, was appointed his guardian when he was only nine years old. I'm trying to find out when and where Peyton & Nancy died but have had no luck thus far. I have a lead on a Peyton Glover who died in Mississippi around 1845 that I hope to check out soon. If I can provide you with any Glover data, I would be happy to do so. My e-mail address in Smithfield, NC is brucehwoodard@aol.com

Posted: 14 Mar 2002 9:28PM GMT
This may be a second reply. Thanks for responding. We're cousins. I descend from Josiah & Arnenia Bunn Glover; Nancy Ann Glover & James Henry Hales; Adlena Hales & Joseph Leroy Whitley; Mamie Whitley & George Ollie Woodard. I've been trying to find out when & where Peyton & Nancy Bunn Glover died. Some say they moved to Alabama. I have a lead from someone who says it was Missippi. They must have died in 1845 when Josiah was nine years old. His maternal grandfather, Budd Bunn of Wake Co., NC; was appointed his guardian that year. If I can provide you with any of my lineage, let me know. Which one of James Peyton's children do you descend from?
Hope to hear from you again! My e-mail address here in Smithfield, NC is brucehwoodard@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions