Search for content in message boards

No Button to View Family Tree/Pedigree on Profile Page

No Button to View Family Tree/Pedigree on Profile Page

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 12:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
There is no button on a person's profile page to view their pedigree in my own family tree, or in that of any other tree.

Anyone else having this problem?

Re: No Button to View Family Tree/Pedigree on Profile Page

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 12:53AM GMT
No - just looked at the profile of a GGF - there is a "view his family tree" which worked just fine.

Is that what you mean?

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 2:19AM GMT
This has been asked about on the .com and .uk ancestry facebook pages recently, but I don't recall what the "fix" was... But there was a way to find it again.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 3:01AM GMT
Yes, that is what I mean.

Thanks.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 3:16AM GMT
This is one of the changes that took place either late Wednesday or Thursday night of this week. Go to the line of 3 clickable items right below "edit this person" then look to the right and you will find "more". Put your cursor on that and a number of things will show up and at the very top on the left side will be "view her/his family tree" which will open with the pedigree. It seems that someone with Ancestry should have mentioned these changes but they just wait until someone notices something is gone or changed. Make this as a "watch for it" item. Usually on late Wednesday or Thursday nights or around midnight, you may see a bad slowdown and the ancestry tree will be slow or will not work for a while. After a little while, usually about 20 or 30 minutes, things will pick up again. Then go and look to see what has been changed. I guarantee you there will be changes, some suble, some not so subtle. It also looks to me as if "view my relationship" has gone too. I don't use iot but did notice it seems to be missing at least on my pages.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 3:20AM GMT
Must be a slow roll out because I'm not seeing any changes on the profiles in my trees yet.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 3:24AM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2013 3:31AM GMT
"It also looks to me as if "view my relationship" has gone too."

http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx?o=0&m=1551.3&...

See the item on April 4th

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 4:07AM GMT
I am seeing no 'relationship to me' link in some trees but not others - and not in the 'more options' drop-down menu.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 8:41AM GMT
No changes here, either. Attached snip looks just the same.
Attachments:

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 8:53AM GMT
"So no more "View relationship to me" links unnecessarily if you're not in the tree."

This is just a portion of the post by Mike Lawless who appears to be an ancestry employee who is in the thread I mention above.

He may be able to speak to the different things that people are seeing.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic