Search for content in message boards

We couldn't find a relationship between you and - Learn more

We couldn't find a relationship between you and - Learn more

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 1:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
The little thingie that tells me how I am related to someone in my tree is not working. For example, under a brother of my 3rd g grandfather , it says this:

"We couldn't find a relationship between you and Nikolaus Nicholas Augustin - Learn more"

Yet for people I added previously, who re siblings of said relative, it says we are related.

Re: We couldn't find a relationship between you and - Learn more

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 2:24PM GMT
Do you have yourself set as home person?

Do you also have your 4th ggf in the tree?

Do you have parent-child relationships at the levels in between?

I just verified with one of my 3rd great grand uncles, and his relationship pops up immediately.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 4:47PM GMT
Yes to all. I recently merged said distant uncle in my tree, so maybe that is where the jinx is. The relationship thing works with his siblings, his nephews, nieces etc.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 7:40PM GMT
You might check inside the relationship tab, to be sure he is properly connected, post-merge.

Click on Edit this person (just below the birth and death dates), then on the "Relationship" tab which will appear on the next screen. If he is not connected there, you can make the connections.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 8:13PM GMT
Also check for duplicates. you may be seeing an orphaned duplicate while there is a correctly connecting version that appears in a tree.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 10:35PM GMT
Thanks, Smilebird & BurgessDonnelly - The answer was he had 2 fathers after the merge, even though the one was not visible unless I did what Burgess suggested. I removed that extra one and recalculated. Thank you all.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 10:38PM GMT
Glad it worked!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions