Search for content in message boards

Can no longer "ignore" hints from the profile page

Can no longer "ignore" hints from the profile page

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 3:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Apr 2013 1:47PM GMT
It look's like something was "improved" overnight, I'm no longer able to ignore hints, the spinning Ancestry wheel goes round and round and round.
Attachments:

Re: Can no longer "ignore" hints

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 5:31PM GMT
I'm not suffering that particular ill.

After clicking ignore, I get the pea soup bar with "Ignored. View your ignored hints."
Attachments:

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 5:55PM GMT
you will have to get in line on this one. i have the same problem. they have the same problem on familty tree 2012. I have called them several time but to no avail. they are to busy gobbling up all the history program online

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 6:30PM GMT
I can ignore hints, which are replaced by stupid whirlies.

What exactly their point is, I could not guess. Some programmer with nothing else to do?

Fortunately they don't have to stop before I can go on to ignore another group of purported hints.

Attachments:

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 1:51PM GMT
I can ignore from the list view (people with hints), but not from the profile page.

This changed over the last couple of days, and needs fixing.
Attachments:

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 2:05PM GMT
Also from the profile page, I am not suffering this ill.
Attachments:

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 4:30PM GMT
Daciodan-

Hate to suggest the usual easy fix-it, but have you tried with a different browser?

That swirling whirly very much resembles a problem I had when working on the PRONI (Northern Ireland) records a few days ago. Some setting in Firefox would not let me in - it was blocking a pop-up, but not showing an option to allow the pop-up. I switched to IE and was able to search in PRONI without a problem.

I was finally able to access the PRONI records in Firefox by doing a right-click/reload, which then gave me the "allow pop-up" banner. Extra work to use Firefox for those records until I can figure out which add-on is causing the problem, but at least I verified the issue.

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 5:26PM GMT
Edited: 8 Apr 2013 5:27PM GMT
"I was finally able to access the PRONI records in Firefox by doing a right-click/reload, which then gave me the "allow pop-up" banner."

That's a clear indication that browser cache/cookie corruption existed. All a right-click/reload does is force a new copy of the page to be downloaded from the server, as opposed to using your local cached copy.

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 4:00PM GMT
It was ghostery. Ancestry now requires the tracker *Adobe Digital Marketing* to be enabled.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic