Search for content in message boards

PECKENSCHNEIDER surname

PECKENSCHNEIDER

Posted: 13 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 1:41PM GMT
Surnames: PECKENSCHNEIDER
Our Peckenschneider is Johanna, daughter of Hans Friedrich PECKENSCHEIDER. According to information I received from a Sharon Tennyson (e-mail address is lnstennyson@worldnet.att.net) in Blue Grass, Iowa, the children of Hans Friedrich were: Carl Henrich,
Detlef Henrich, Bernhard, Friedrich Wilheim, Luise(Louisa),
Johanna, Carolina (b. July, 23, 1848, Hinrich and August.
Our Johanna married Nicholas SCHUMANN and moved to Carroll
county, Iowa.
This is as much as I have at this time, however if you haave further info I would be very much interested.
Good Luck. Lois

PECKENSCHNEIDER surname

Posted: 13 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2002 12:12AM GMT
Surnames: PECKENSCHNEIDER, AYE
Who are your PECKENSCHNEIDER surnames? I have a connection to this family through my grandfather. Hans Aye married Caroline Peckensneider in Davenport Iowa. Perhaps we have a connection?!

Carolina Peckinscneider

Posted: 22 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2002 12:12AM GMT
My data is not verified with any documentation at this point. What I have on Caroline is:

Name: Hans Aye
Birth Date: 22 Aug 1840
Birth Place: Clove, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
Death Date: 31 Jan 1901
Death Place: Blair, Washington County, Nebraska
Burial Place: Blair, Nebraska

Spouse: Caroline Peckenschneider
Birth Date: 21 Jul 1848
Birth Place: Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
Death Date: 2 Feb 1924
Marriage Date: 24 Jul 1867
Marriage Place: Davenport, Scott County, Iowa
Children:August

Charles

John Rolf

Herman

Adolph "Ed" Edward

Could it be that our Carolines are the same? Do you have a marriage certificate for her or any of the other siblings?

Re: Aye connection

Posted: 7 Dec 2008 8:54AM GMT
Surnames: Aye
I'm really happy I ran across this post! My ggrandfather is August Aye and the dates match up pretty well so I'm thinking that maybe Hans & Caroline are my ggs. Do you have anymore info on either of them like when they emigrated here? Any siblings?

Thanks so much for posting this

Re: PECKENSCHNEIDER

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 9:11PM GMT
I am hoping that you may be able to help me with some information on the Schumann that you mentioned in your post. My Grandfather came to America and was sponsered and for a time lived with his Uncle Schumann. I do not know the name of the uncle, only that he was my G.Grandmother's brother. Can you supply any information on the Schumann in your line.
Thank you in advance for any assistance.
John

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 10:20PM GMT
What is the name of your grandfather? Birth date and place? And who did he marry?

Posted: 28 May 2014 4:22AM GMT
my peckenschneider wilhelm "william" peckenschneider married teresa kroeger 1866 and the son of hans and elisabeth haas. I have a carl,detlaf,wilhelm,louisa schroeder,august,caroline aye, henry, johanna schrermann?schumann? and maybe a bernard? i also have all of detlaf hinich peckenschneider who married henriette wilhelmina wolfertz and their children:charles (carl),frederick,herman,emma,august,caroline,delaf,ferninand,amaliaMolly) peckenschneider which is married to a koberg from plainview/maysville area.
my grandfather father is( Glenn william peckenschneider)siblings:ruby,evelyn,melvin and their parents are william peckenschneider and agusta buege and his father is william peckenschneider and and teresa kroeger and his father is hansf.peckenschneider and elisabeth hass and i have more if yoiu need more

Posted: 28 May 2014 11:39AM GMT
I have a Freidrich "Wilheim" Peckenschneider, born 27 Aug 1840,son of Hans Freidrich and Elizabeth Haas but I do not have any marriage for him.
Is this the same person that who married Teresa Kroeger?

Posted: 29 May 2014 10:52PM GMT
hello,
in response of your question i have an hans f. peckenschneider(4-4-1800) married Elisabeth Haas and their children are:carl "charles" 1831 - detlaf 1833- wilhelm :wiliam"8-24-1840 who married theresa kroeger2-9-1866 louisa 1842-august1854-caroline1848-henry1852-johana1865

Posted: 30 May 2014 3:16AM GMT
Surnames: PECKENSCHNEIDER, SCHROEDER, SCHRODER
Louisa Peckenschneider, born 24 Dec 1842 in Germany, died 02 Jan 1932 in Scott County, Iowa and is buried in the Blue Grass Cemetery, Blue Grass, Scott, Iowa. She married my 2-great uncle, Johann Detlef Schroeder 27 Apr 1863 in Davenport, Scott, Iowa. They were the parents of a daughter (name unknown); Johanna M. (1867); Clara (1869); Louis (1871); Richard (1874); Adelia (1875); John (1878); George (1880) and Lillian (1882). The children were all born in Muscatine Co., Iowa.

Louisa's siblings were Carl, Detlev, Bernhard, Friedrich, Johanna, Carolina, and Hinrich.

Sandra Schroder Tennyson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions